Did my boss lie to me?

Discussion in 'General' started by pinkkfloyd, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,
    I was hired for a job in my town about a month and a half ago, and started work a few weeks later. When I was hired, the lady told me I was going to be getting paid $10/hour. However, when I got my first paycheck yesterday, it said my rate per hour was $9.00. :( Should I speak up and say something? Or just let it slide? Most of my friends who have jobs are like "Oh, I would kill to be making $9.00 and hour, you should be happy, but that $1.00 adds up quick. What would you guys do? :confused:

2. speak up! seriously you were told 10 so your gonna get 10. guilt trip them like crazy and you'll get that extra buck:smoke:

3. yea man. thaats you skrilla dont let them jip you

4. yea fuck that id want my extra damn dollar an hour

5. don't let that hoe get away with it! slap the bitch

6. Definitely say something that extra dollar will add up quick believe me.

7. If they said 10 and hour than you get paid 10 and hour.

Fuckin aye.

Give a motha fucka an inch and they take feet.

8. definitely mention it to her. no need to get crazy about it. could very well be a simple mistake on her part.

9. What was the outcome?

10. hell yes say something!

I doubt they would fire you over bringing it up unless your boss is some sort of SS nazi, so what do you have to lose besides your extra $1/hour??

11. hahahahahahahahahahah:cool: dude for real????????

12. Boss is shorting me money. Better see what the city has to say about this before acting. Hell they could be testing you to see if you have balls. So far you're failing.

13. Once I started somewhere and they didn't pay me what they said they would. Hell I got the first check and saw they weren't even paying me minimum wage. Got it sorted out quick

14. This thread is dead....

15. Are you sure they didn't mean "up to 10"

Employers pull that all the time.