Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did marijuana "change your life"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokinmeds, Feb 15, 2011.

1. So to be completely honest, I wasn't sure if this should be apprentice or seasoned, but this is a question for people who have been smoking for atleast a decently long time, so I went with seasoned. So when I first starting smoking(first toke was 12) I was a really big loner/nerd. I had like 5friends and none of em except one were "cool"(and even that one cool one was a nerd at the time), I found out the cool one smoked marijuana, and instantly I was interested in trying it, so I made plans to. And so I started smoking. Well about 6months later of smoking ATLEAST once a month, usually more, I started noticing this "change". I started getting alot of friends, pretty much everyone in my grade atleast, and everyone starting Thinking I was cool(atleast I think). Now not only did I get more "popular", but I also got more confidence and I felt cooler, not cuz I smoked weed, just because I felt like everyone liked me. So did anyone else get a noticeable "change" that happened some time after marijuana? Do u like it's directly/indirectly related to weed?

2. I've been smoking for about 8 years now and its been great, it didnt change me too much but it deffinately helps me think better and gets rid of stress. Plus it helped me meet some interesting people who turned out to be some of my best and closest friends. A lot of things would have been so boring without smoking.

3. yea. anyone whos been smoking regularly for 2 years or more it has to of changed them one way or another. it's chilled me out more and i apprecate the little things more then i would if i didn't smoke.

4. I'll let you know in a year or 2...:cool:

5. I've been smoking fairly consistently since the end of my freshman year of high school (i'm a high school senior now) and i feel as though weed has definitely changed my life. i used to be a very quiet, shy kid who always did what he was told. i was pretty much the "nice jewish boy". (i dont mean that derogatorily, i am jewish) and now I'm much more social and MUCH more confident in myself. I'm still a hard worker and good student, rockin that 3.8 GPA, but mary jane has steered my life toward a more creative path thats much more me than I feel like it would have been without the herb. i love to blaze with friends and by myself too, but i make sure not to let it control my life. improvement for sure.

6. I think it ruined mine..cause I started smoking cigs too afterward, plus i feel like it affected my entire mental state of mind..plus side it exposes people for true intentions most of the time they look for themselves and aren't neighborly.

Just my thoughts on what weed is doing to me, I'm going to try and quit to see how it changes my life again.

7. It made my life much better. I was seriously depressed and all this horrible shit. Not that I'm not anymore, but since I started smoking i've realized a lot about mentality and happiness and I live a much happier and fulfilling life now. I also had bad social anxiety. I still do, but from smoking with so many people and meeting so many new people, and being high in public and talking to people and shit, now I just don't give a fuck about what other people think anymore, which is good.

8. without herb i wouldn't have met my two best friends. It's helped me gain an insight into myself and make a few friends in the process, however my life is beginning to revolve around weed. Everything has it's pros and cons but it's all good.

9. it got me thinking that..

when you cough, listen to that cough, its apart of your soul. when you yawn, what you hear is your soul.

10. I've smoked off and on for 10 years. When I do smoke, I smoke all day everyday. I became a lot less naiive around when I started smoking. I think that becoming less naiive led to smoking weed and not so much that smoking weed led me to be less naiive, but they both played off eachother.

I was so naiive that even in high school I figured there were so little drugs on the street because they're illegal that I thought I would never actually see any.

Even after I had smoked 5 or 6 times, I also had no clue that some people actually smoked everyday. I had a friend in high school for a couple years and my senior year he takes me out to his truck during lunch. We get in and he pulls a QP out from under his bench seat. Then he pulls out a pipe and starts hitting it right there in the parking lot at lunch. My head just about exploded. I was pleasantly shocked so the next day I blazed with him at lunch.

When I decided to buy a bag for the first time, I assumed that you 'put in an order' with a guy who can get it and then your order arrives a week or so later. Imagine my surprise when, for the first time, I went to a friend to ask for a hook up and I had weed 20 minutes later.

11. yeah

im much less violent, dont want to kill people no more :smoke:

12. honestly,
    there was a point where i started chosing weed over being with friends or starting social relations.
    but it also got me interested in... ways to explore my mind...

everything in moderation eh

13. I think I may be the only one saying this but toking really has had a negative impact on my life.

Smoking since freshman year at a private Catholic school has been a terrible experience. The only friends I have that smoke were friends from my public middle school. Before I went to that middle school I got kicked out of my old Catholic middle school and at the public school I got caught with a knife that was planted on me and almost kicked out of there as well. Even though I love marijuana, it has led me down some bad roads.

I have a terrible reputation at my school and I have since freshman year just because I smoke. I've watched my peers grow up and start experimenting with alcohol, then seeing negative results. I have experienced hell because of this plant but I believe it was all worth it. I LOVE weed and nothing will ever change that, I don't care whatever happens to me. Sometimes I feel lonely in my own skin because I feel that I don't have any friends because I don't drink, I smoke.

All throughout my high school career I was mocked and hated. But I knew that if I went to the public high school my life could have been completely different. I only stayed because I knew I was getting a great education and it'll pay off in the long run.

Smoking marijuana has created terrible relationships with my friends and family. But once they realize what I actually was doing, that I'm not just a druggie. They will understand that I'm not the bad guy. I don't care how long it takes, eventually they will come to a revelation.

All of these occurances have made me question if smoking was actually worth the risks. But then I realized, were the risks Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King worth it? Were they breaking the law on a regular basis? Were they hated, mocked, and jailed for something that now a days is considered right? I think that when marijuana is legalized, people will name the marijuana activists heroes and understand during all of that time they were just trying to the right thing.

14. I'm really sorry to hear this, it's a sad story really. But I guess all our lives have ups and downs and I think that's Truely what life is about, making mistakes and then reflecting on it. And the last paragraph with MLK was a great simile, and I think ur right. Weed activists are fighting a "war" that eventually we will win. And marijuana has caused problems in my life, but it will always ride with me in my life. Unless there's some insanely powerful reason to quit.

Also, to everyone else, these are great stories even the sad ones. So please keep sharing I think not only is this an interesting subject but also a way to show apprentice smokers exactly what their getting into(not in like an abovetheinfluence way, just a warning). And I even told my good friend who starting smoking a couple months ago, that it will more than likely change him. So far I see some changes, not alot thou.

15. I'm more sociable, I'm more relaxed, I'm still kind of an asshole but not as much. I lost a few friends over it, but I've made many more, so overall I'd say it made a positive difference.

16. Thanks a lot for reading my story man, sometimes I just feel like no one gives a shit out there.

17. to be honest with you it makes me appreciate the little things in my life and giveme something to look forward to at the end of a hard day of work

18. It's a cruel world man. I just say keep smoking, stay happy. Eat drink and be merry my friend, tomorrow u may die. That's what lifes about man.

19. This.

20. Now I can't sleep without it. Great.