did I veg too long? (pix)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HeadStash840, Feb 18, 2011.

1. This is my first grow, its on day 4 of flowering (12/12). I think I let it veg a little too long cuz you can hardly see the screen anymore and there are no signs of nugs. I think I may have defeated the purpose of the scrog, what do you think, any input would be a big help, thanks.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      529 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      518.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      504.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      294.1 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      336.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      329 KB
      Views:
  2. Be patient! 4 days is too early to expect much of anything. They look great!

3. the purpose of the scrog is to use more of the available light. instead of it growing straight up, you force it to spread out. instead of it having one main flower (getting the most light). you spread it out to have 20, or so, equal flowers

4. You might want to raise the screen a bit, especially if thats sativa (late grower). Screen level should be right above/just touching tops on day one of flower. Then as it flowers the buds grow through the screen.:smoke:

5. As far as I know there is no "over vegging" just possible to grow beyond your space limitations

6. m8 they look lovely, but how long did u veg for????? wait till ur 2nd week of flower ur be loveing it! :smoke:

7. I am growing sage n sour which is mostly sativa so maybe I should raise the screen a little. I vegged for 6 weeks under 24hours light 150w HPS, now im at 12/12 (obviously) and using the same light.

8. Veg is 18/6, so if you went from a straight 24 to a 12/12 that may mess them up a little. You also may want to grab a stronger HPS (250w).

9. I SUGGEST U PUT THE LIGHT AS HIGH AWAY FROM THE PLANT AS POSSIBLE, THIS WILL MAKE UR PLANT STRETCH 4 THE LIGHT! I BET U IN 2 WEEKS UR NOTICE IT BUDDING. HAVE U STARTED FEEDING BLOOM YET??? I FINK YOUR PLANT WILL BE FINE M8:hello:

10. It looks fine, leave it alone. It will take at least two weeks to start flowering, be patient. Switching from 24/0 to 12/12 is not a problem.

11. AZULFACONE IS RIGHT THO IN FUTRE VEG 18/6 CUSE ITS BETTER FOR GROWTH AS THE PLANT ACCUALY GROWS/FORMS WHEN THE LIGHTS OFF! THEN 12/12 FOR NO LESS THAN 8 WEEKS! GET A EASY 2 GROW PLANT TO I SUGGEST BIG BUD 4 BEGINNERS:D GREAT RESULTS!:smoke:;):smoking:

12. I disagree mj doesn't require any dark until you want to trigger flowering

13. WELL U DO AS U PLEASE BUT IVE ALWAYS DONE 18/6 AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH GROWTH LIKE HEADSTASH AND MY PLANTS USHALY GO IN TO FLOWER AFTER 4 WEEKS SO IT TALKS FOR ITS SELF! AS OUR M8 IS ASKING FOR ADVICE IM JUST TELLING HIM THE TRUTH OF MY SUCCESS! CHEERS!:eek::D:wave::smoke:

14. #14 magestik63, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    I wouldnt call the plant being to big, a growth problem. More like he just had it veg for too long.

I have always used 24hrs of light and never had any problems either. Its a personal preference

15. the 24hours light was by no means a miskate. I did alot of research before deciding to leave the light on for 24 hours durring veg. I have limited height in my grow box and went with 24 hours light to avoid stretch and I keep my light as close as possible to the tips of the leaves for the same reason, I want short tight nodes/nugs.

I started feeding flowering nutrients last sunday morning right before I went lights out for 36 hours. and as for the light im just gonnat stick with the 150w for now im thinkin for my next grow going for 600w and 4 plants instead of 150w and one plant.

16. MAGESTIC U WANA LAY OF THE SMOKE! NUF SAID I CANT SPEAK 2 NOBS! GOOD LUCK WITH UR GROW BUT HALF U LOT DONT LISTEN, IVE NEVER HAD A BAD GROW SO I LET U DO WAT U WANT!:mad::eek:

17. Right........ just cause you grow with 18/6 that makes it the only way to grow. I never said anything about you or your grow. And you want to make this personal? I feel sorry for you :rolleyes:

18. I have seen no scientific data showing that an 18/6 is more effective than 24/0. I have done both and prefer 24/0, nothing beats trial and error.

19. u need to stop buying cheap set ups girls haha:D:wave:

20. Hey, just curious. How big is your screen? Looks like 1.5''?