did i top this plant??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by randomdude420, Sep 16, 2011.

1. pics in the sticky dont work.. did i top it or what haha

Attached Files:

2. Looks to me like you killed it!!

3. yeah thats def gonna die.

4. let it grow out and you will know for sure. I would have waited for another set of nodes personally. but good job . It wont die.

5. Actually, it will. Topping between the 2nd and 3rd nodes is too early. The plant hasn't gotten enough surface area on the leaves to photosynthesize enough light to give enough energy to where he topped it. It's an odd concept, but it's easy to understand.

The plant needs so much energy from the lights, and topping takes a lot of energy from the plant. If the plant doesn't have enough leaves to translate light energy from the light into growing energy, it won't grow anymore and it will die.

There were a bunch of articles floating around that the University of Arkansas did with small saplings and tomato plants. If you topped to early, it kills the plant completely. The only way to keep your plant from dying, that they suggested, was either electro-stimulus, or the addition of Dimethyltryptamine, which is found in almost every plant.

So yeah, it's going to die.

6. your soil seems to be clumpy and uneven...if topping isnt killing it, that will....

7. if you kill it, it won't be because you topped it... i always top mine that early if not earlier. i have waited like the others do, but my way works better. hormones for flowering develop slowly. you need to veg for at least a month after topping before you can flower. if you wait another month to top, that will be 2 months before you can flower and thats if you don't want to top again. your soil does look uneven, but as long as it is good soil, that won't kill your plant either... the roots aren't looking at the top of the soil and deciding not to grow because it isn't even... come on man... she looks fine. just make sure you get some good soil before you transplant. i recommend fox farm ocean. good luck.

8. Geeze thatguythat.... you couldn't just go with the fact that it's going to die?

9. too argumentative... its the one thing in my personality that brings me down to just plain awesome......lol

10. cause hes not blatantly ignorant enough to come to one rapid conclusion :)

11. not only that but its a conclusion that could cause a person to take that plant that is "going to die" (not) and throw it in the garbage..... i was trying to be nice.

12. if it dies oh well i only wanted 2 plants anyway and thats the smallest and a bagseed and i just germinated another bagseed that was better an has been grown before hole house smelt after 3 weeks of veg like a skunk lol but i am using ffof

13. you have the right dirt... that one will probably be your favorite before its over. you definitely topped right in my opinion.

14. well see what happens. whatever happens i was just experimenting im also growing on 12/12 so it prolly will die or just take forever to flower

15. yea... well that kind of makes it a waste. oh well.... like i said at first... if you kill it, it won't be the topping.

16. that other seed germed overnight n im starting it from 12/12 today

17. why not let it veg a little so it will be worth the time?

18. i only have like 3 months until i move so i have to harvest and dry before that 3 months is up when i move i want to do 12/12 perpetual multi strain grow in this big grow box i have

19. you could let them veg for 3 weeks, then flower for 9, and let them dry in a paper bag while you move... you will get 10X the bud that way... just a suggestion.

20. [quote name='"thatguythat"']you could let them veg for 3 weeks, then flower for 9, and let them dry in a paper bag while you move... you will get 10X the bud that way... just a suggestion.[/quote]

Agreed