Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did i ruin my cannabutter??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Exact Dose, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I used 1 lbs unsalted butter and 1 ounce regs, i filled a pot with butter, the weed, and water. let it boil at 212, but i think it might of got a bit over at some point.. It told me to do this 3-4 hours without stirring so i did. I took it off in 3-1\2 hours and supposedly it is suppose to look amber but its pretty much black.. How can i fix this next time and is this batch ruined?

2. yes its burnt i suppose you could still use it but...idk if it would still get you high but even if it does itll taste like shit...but next time keep an eye on it and stir i sugest striing it every once in a while

3. NO thats good, watch when it solidifys it'll de dark green...Thats usually what i go for and i do it like 4 or 5 hours but i make HUGE batches....But it always comes out to light and then i have to change my recipes to measure up for the lost potency by changing the amouts of stuff so they come out with the right texture...Your good dude dont trip....Ive actually seen this one chick whos butter ALMOST ALWAYS comes out frikken ORANGE...I dont know HOW she managed that...Maybe it was shwag or sumthin...But yeah your all right..Enjoy your budder

4. If it didnt go over 220 degrees is it not ruined? Is it suppose to boil? How long Should i do it then?

5. Ok so darker is better? Is an O good ratio for 1 lb butter i'm reading a lot of people doing eights and halfys lol

Edit: I want to use an O of this blue dream next so i really dont want to ruin that batch

6. #6 dirtydingusus, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    read some of the stickies here in this section of the city before next time....(if you havent already)
    i havent made butter myself...only oil....and at first peanutbutter....
    now i stick to oil.....

but from what i have read........your butter would do better overnight in a crock pot;):smoke: if that is an option?

now i have "burnt" my peanutbutter when first experimenting....and still ate it still got fucked up!

you can likely still enjoy it as is......even if it is burnt?

i bake my oil at 345 for 30 mins if i want a quick single dose......and have no problems?

7. WHAT?! the fuck.. NO its not burnt, its ALLOT darker while its still darker...It gets wayyy lighter after the butter solidifies...What the hell are you doing to burn your butter? Ive never ever had that happen...Its virtually impossible. Even with the lame double boiler method....Just go crock-pot.....First on high for a while then on low and every hour or so turn it to high for like 20 minutes...Just for like 4 or 5 hours...Dank.

8. #8 Hali Hostility, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    Yeah an ounce is fine for one pound...As long as all the herb is submerged in the butter its good...And yes the darker the green the better...To some extent..If you get it to dark to fast then the heat is to high and you might actually DEGRADE the potency...But i use a crock-pot for like 4-6 hours on low most of the time and i switch it to high for short intervals. Turns out great everytime...Sometimes darker than others.. [i think it has to do with the quality of the buter, more oil instead of cream would mean higher temps thus giving you to dark of butter to fast]
    Always go crock-pot...BEST way ever.

AND that blue dream is gonne make DANK budder. You should buy a pound or two of REAL butter, it will be YUMMY butter!!!!There's usually VERY FEW real butters at the store read the back for the ones that say only 2 or 3 ingreadients cream,salt,and maybe a LITTLE oil. But usually if it includes that its just to make the butter spreadable so its not really necessary...I dont know if its true or not but sometimes i add a little oil to my butter, in my head I think of it making a more effective extraction...I don't know if it does anything though..

9. ok well when i did it the one time i did after i filtered it,it wasnt black...but idk ive only did it once and when i first took it off it was a dark color but after i filtered it it was normal color so if hes already filtered it then it shouldnt be that color and even if he hasnt it shouldnt be completely black im guessing but im a newb at the edibles so idrk

10. Crock pot is with the temp on it right? And should i cover it doing that? I Used a pot you would cook spaggheti in and i added the water in it and let it boil around 200.. Where would i of went wrong, The cook book i used sais it should be amber color with green spinach like weed, while i get black liquid with brown weed after

11. [​IMG]

edit-most of them plug into the wall....just noticed this one is for on the go:eek:;):smoke:

when i make oil...it goes in clear with green weed.....comes out brown weed...slightly darker oil.....?

12. So do i leave the top of the crockpot on?

13. Those cookbooks usually recommend using low quality [usually brownish] herb, so yeah it would come out orangey-amber kinda i guess. [never done it, sounds gross.] But with good or at least regs it comes out dark green ALMOST BLACK when its warm and melted but after you frige it or let it sit it turns lighter colored greens. I usually go for a DARK green [solidified]..After i squeeze the weed through cheese cloth the balls of "spinach:p" are still green...If they're brown the temp was probably to high and pulled TO MUCH out of the herbs..Like the chlorophyll...And yeah the crock pot it that big thing with the temperature knob..You can buy olders models in different sizes for diff. sized batches theyre pretty cheap...OR you could get the newer ones they have more exact temperatures and sometimes double chamber to fit you need better for whatever...I just get the old ones with "keep warm" "low" and "high" they work for me..And yes you keep the lid on to prevent as much evaporation as possible..[it doesnt evaporate THAT much just a little...but im stingy with my butter i guess:p]

14. ok i popped it in the freeze and see how it starts to solidfy ill stay in touch

15. good luck!

16. I just made some killer cookies, used 14g, plus 1 stick of butter, (1/4 of a bar). So my ratio is 2O's/1lb. They are the killz... Only a 2 hour cook time. I find it easier to just separate by sticking it in the freezer for 20-30 mins. Then restrain it and dump all the bullshit that goes through the cloth, then use the cloth with all the butter that didn't fall through to shape it. It was genius, since I didn't have time for an overnight separation. I measured my butter after and none was lost in the process. I'd recommend using a combination of white and brown sugar for pb cookies. Try to use mostly brown.

17. ok i think it worked fine it turked dark green smellskinda like burnt butter though.. I used them in cookies and took one last night and 2 hours later took another couldnt really tell if i felt it cause i smoked a blunt or two.. so this morning i smoked a blunt and then took 2 about an hour ago so we'll see if that works. How many am i suppose to be eating? I smoke like a quarter of piff a day double that some days good ammount to the face lol..

18. a single dose....for me...is often about what i would smoke at one time
    so do the math...
    how many cookies did it make?
    how much bud in whole batch....
    a little division will tell you ruffly how much bud is in each cookie....
    from there you can figure out a good dose
    maybe...;):smoke: