Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

did I ruin butter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lovesyou, Dec 31, 2013.

1. #1 lovesyou, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    It smells terrible, I can't tell if it's the butter or the water.  Also this green goop formed under the butter which I tasted and almost gagged, I'm guessing it's the pulp from the bud/leaves.  I used an ounce of leaves and a few grams of bud/keif to spike it.

So if the goop is pulp from the leaves, how do I seperate it from the butter?  It's sticking to it.

I seperated the butter + goop, rewarmed, reliqufied, and waiting for reseperation.  What should I do?

Thanks.

Edit: I simmered the whole thing in water for hours, perhaps I burnt or over cooked it.  I should have used Hashmouf's method stickied to the forum and not have used water at all.

Put it in the refrigerator, not the freezer, until the butter fully solidifies. Once that happens pull out the puck of butter, turn it over and scrape off the goop. It should be good. Pour off any additional water that may have separated from it and store the butter in the freezer until ready to use. The fact that it tastes a bit nasty is par for the course in a direct extraction. If you hadn't used the water it would have been worse.  :)