did I mess up????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by we_r_so_high, Jul 27, 2006.

1. our plant has been flowering for almost a month. they haven't started getting the red hairs yet, but it is getting along pretty well. so anyway, we were kinda desperate so we picked off one of the smaller buds and tried to dry it and smoke it. It didnt work out, but I am wondering if maybe we messed up the plant. Do you all think it will be ok???

BTW: we won't be doing that again we do NOT reccomend trying it either :)

2. some say that pinching off the popcorn nugs enhance the over all size of the colas, i BILIEVE bushyoldgrower said that from overgrow but dont quote me.

3. wow, you mean it could have been a good thing? I never would have guessed that one. thanks for the words of wisdom

4. if you think about it its really not hard to come up with, bieng the plant is working harder on creating existing buds and making them bigger. BOG i think used to purposely pick off little nugs anyway. alot of people were doing it.

5. I usually leave my plant alone till harvesting. But on my first ever outdoor grow i got a bit desperate and was picking off little ones and drying them infront of a heater.
    The only problem is that these little buds taste like shit.

6. I don´t touch mine until they have been harvested, dried, and cured for 30 days.

7. The "red" hairs don't beginning turning red until several weeks into flowering. They will start out white (or possibly purple if it's a purple pheno). The hairs being red means the hairs/pistils are starting to ripen so the hairs die. You can't tell if the plant is ready by the hairs. Get a microscope to check out the trichomes (resin glands)...and then choose your harvest time (some people harvest at 100% cloudy, up to 100% amber. It's up to you. Personally i harvest at around 25% amber 75% cloudy). Even the shortest flowering plants (excluding lowryder and other ruderalis plants) will take atleast 6-7 weeks to flower. Give her some time. Pinching the smaller buds at the bottom won't hurt it or effect your yield much..just don't pick any of the bigger buds unless you want to decrease yield a little and possibly stunt the plant.