Did I kill my Sprout?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GanjaGilbert, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Hi guys.

So I germinated a really expensive seed via the paper towel method. And then I put it in a small bio-degradable seed starter jiffy pot.

Now three days or so have passed and the damn thing hasnt shot through to the top yet. I gently moved the soil away to check and its a yellow green sprout but it hasnt grown any bigger than when it spouted in the paper towel.

Here's some info on the grow.

Using Organic MG
    Have it seran wrapped to keep in moisture
    Using 2X4 ft florescent grow light (Currently on 24 hrs a day roughly 1 ft above plant)
    Grow Cab is painted fat white
    Kept at roughly 80 degree's with 21% humidity in cab (more I would assume in the jiffy pot due to seran wrap.)

Have I dont something wrong>? If not how long does it normal take for it to break soil? Am I just being too impatient? Thanks all!

2. Yeah it should have broken soil by now tbh mate. I would give it another day or two, but the outlook isn't great. :( 

3. Damn. What do you think went wrong? Any ideas?

4. Cooler temps during germination and early sprout, mate.

Think about when they go into the ground in an outdoor grow...usually still dealing with overnights in the 50's and low 60's, and highs at most in the low 70's.

At 80 degrees, it thinks it's high summer, and not the "right conditions" for seedlings...and they WILL go dormant, in some cases, if this is the situation.