Did i kill my seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Moto823, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Hey, long time smoker but a first time grower.

I wanted to start out my first grow with some seeds i had picked up over time. I put the seeds in water and took the ones that sank and put them in an airtight container with the paper towel method.
    I put them on the heater for a day, and it got hotter then i expected, but the seeds started to germinate.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th day(today) i checked them, and they did get moved around a few times. Some seeds cracked open but haven't done anything since the 2nd day or so...

Did i kill my seeds?

2. How hot? Did they dry out? So they cracked 4 days ago, but no tap showing?

3. Day one they were on the heater(80 degrees? 90?)
    Day two and three they were off. I put them back on for a bit...but im getting the feeling thats bad?
    They are completely underwater so they cant be dried out. Maybe 3-4 out of the 10 seeds cracked. They cracked the first day i believe, but no they have not done anything more since. Can heat kill seeds?

4. Hard to say, i think your going to have to just wait and see. I would think you wouldv seen a tap root by now, however not having them on the heater, or how you have them on the heater (since you havnt given detail) couldv stunted growth.

5. Ok.
    I would assume so as well.

They are in the airtight container sitting on the heater. The water was almost too hot to the touch, didnt wanna keep my finger in there...

Day 5 today and i have not checked them yet. Im going to let them sit untouched until tomorrow. If by tomorrow theres no change, im going to assume i killed them?
    I would think after 6 days they would germinate(from what i read atleast).
    Correct?