did i kill my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AFRICANHERBSMAN, Jun 15, 2010.

1. i tried to repot my plants into grow bags and lost a god amount of roots along the way. after repotting them they now look droopey and the leaves slouch down towards the stems. did i kill my plants? is there any hope? :(

2. Theres hope. How did you lose the roots? Was the soil dry when you transplanted? Did you water? How old are your plants?

3. we were moving them out of the pots they were in and tried to loosen up the soil along the edges of the pot so i could pick up as much of the roots i could but ended up tearing or cutting the roots, that were near the bottom of the pot, off. the soil was pretty dry when we transplanted. the soil originally in the pots was a tad moist but barely. i watered the plants after repotting in the grow bags. and our plants are about a month old but they are only about 6 inches tall

4. well best thing you can do is wait

5. You growing outside?
    They are pretty small but should be OK, you will experience some stunted growth for sure but they should recover. Next time when transplanting just knock on the side of the pot and then turn it upside down, everything should slide out and the roots will be intact. Instead of loosening the soil with your hands which can be done, if done carefully, try soaking the rootball in water instead, this will get rid of a lot of the soil in preparation for the transplant into the new, fresh soil. Be careful next time, it's part of the learning process, good luck!

6. were growing indoors. and thanks! i hope they recover