Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I just smoke too much?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by z16, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Last night I was chilling with 2 buddies. We smoked a king sized joint of some pretty potent blue dream. After we were done, my heart really started just racing extremely fast and I couldn't get my mind off of it. It's almost like I can feel a pulse throughout my whole body and my body will get really warm when this happens. This is also the 3rd time this has ever happened and I've been smoking about every day for the past 4 months.

DO you guys just think that It's from smoking too much? How can I get my heart to slow down when it does this, because sometimes it can be really scary.

Thanks in advance.. looking forward to see what you guys have to say:smoking:

2. [quote name='"z16"']Last night I was chilling with 2 buddies. We smoked a king sized joint of some pretty potent blue dream. After we were done, my heart really started just racing extremely fast and I couldn't get my mind off of it. It's almost like I can feel a pulse throughout my whole body and my body will get really warm when this happens. This is also the 3rd time this has ever happened and I've been smoking about every day for the past 4 months.

DO you guys just think that It's from smoking too much? How can I get my heart to slow down when it does this, because sometimes it can be really scary.

Thanks in advance.. looking forward to see what you guys have to say:smoking:[/quote]

this has happened to me as well before so don't be alarmed. it could be just the strain of weed or yes you could have smoked too much depending on your tolerance level. to get your heart rate to lower try just laying down and taking deep, slow rhythmic breaths

3. Yeah I tried to slow my breathing but as hard as I'd try I basically couldn't get my mind off of how fast my heart was beating, i kinda started thinking I was going to have a heart attack. I might just have to start drinking again :(

4. you were just really high and possibly paranoid. doesn't mean anything bad was happening just you were so high your senses were extremely hightened :smoke:

5. Dude.. almost every single time my heart races crazy. it is normal being high is supposed to increase your heart rate by 20-100%. Don't be alarmed or scared, you just smoked some potent ass bud. kick back and relax, forget about it :smoke:

Peace brother

6. Only smoke with people you trust and feel comfortable around.

New people will leave you uncomfortable, paranoid, & nervous when you're really high.

7. this is how panic attacks happen, its a chain reaction, the more you notice your heart is beating fast, the faster it starts to beat and then you just start to panic. just take deep breaths and focus on something, like a video game, to get your mind off of it. This happened to me from smoking spice. Fuck spice

8. Sounds like you did.

Don't worry, heart rate increase can happen, it's why weed is sometimes considered a stimulate(whereas alcohol is a depressant because it slows down heart rate) I know that paranoia though lol, Stay calm and no your limits, no need to smoke more then what keeps you happy, you'll have a lot more enjoyment that way.

9. Yeah you just need to take it easier.
    Try less hits next time.
    It should be a relaxin experience, not sickening, so of it even gets near that ever, slow it down.

10. this happened to me before when i got really paranoid, i could almost literally fee el the blood coursing through my feins and my heartbeat was stronger than ever. I was fricken scared! so basically dnt worry its probably nothing just relax ^-^

11. I don't remember if blue dream is a sativa I think it might a hybrid, to lazy to look it up, try to smoke indicas if you have a history of this happening, a buddy of mine smoked too much one time and his mind just kinda, broke, be careful and toke accordingly, you know yourself better then we do.

12. You can never "smoke too much".

Hahahahaha

13. Thankyou all for the input, it helped a lot:hello::smoke:

14. control your mind, brother man. just always remember you control the course of your high. when that starts to happen, tell yourself that it actually isn't happening and it's all in your head. it will cease