Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I heat my GD Tincture too long

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bic Castelle, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hello!

Last night I made some green dragon tincture for the first time, following Master Wu's guide, although I changed a few measurements. I used 2 grams of Dairy Queen in one ounce of Bacardi 151 (instead of 3.5 per 2oz) 

I figured this way I could try it with less and then when I'd be left with a half fl oz of pretty potent tincture. 

My concern is that I may have heated it too long because when I was done I only had around .2 - .3 of an ounce. Can it degrade the potency or ruin the tincture if too much alcohol evaporated? 

After I was done my cat jumped onto the counter when I turned around and knocked everything over :( thankfully only a couple drops spilled. I licked these up with my finger and it did make me feel relaxed, but I don't know if that was just the Bacardi because I don't drink and I hadn't eaten much before. 

I'm going to try it in a few days after my T break and I'll post results. 

2. I would hazard to say that the licks of Bacardi didn't get you drunk at any noticeable manner.

It probably was the tincture. I'm not too experienced with GD but I feel like alcohol is pretty volatile and will vape pretty easily where as cannabinoids are solid and shouldn't vape away unless your temp got away from you. Did you use a candy thermometer?

The one time I did try GD I tried using not much ethanol like you and my damn candy thermometer wouldn't even touch the solvent lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Hey man, thanks for the response. I had a digital thermometer that I thought would get the job done but found out mid process that it only measured up to around 105 F. So I just eyeballed it and estimated. The water bath began boiling a tiny bit towards the end, so if it got too hot it wasn't for very long. So it should be fine, thanks again. 

4. Alright, so my friend and I both tried the tincture and while it didn't make us high, it was very relaxing and after we'd had a bowl the effects of the tincture seemed to be more noticeable, but very subtle. (The high was great though, it felt like my first time. Although I attribute that to the T break)

A day or two later I used up the last of it on a trip and it once again didn't make me high, but was a pretty good nausea relief and relaxant.  
    Also, after I finished making it, I decided to take the wet weed and put it back in some more alcohol to try the cold method. My reasoning was that if the hot method didn't work and i didn't get high off it, then there's still THC in the plant and I can re use it. (not 100% sure)

So I just strained out the container i had sitting since most of the alcohol had evaporated out, tried a little bit and I felt like it got me a little bit higher than the hot method and i had a good portion less. 

Anyway, that's my experience with tinctures. If I do it again, I'm going to try the cold method. 

5. I would suggest that you go to PsychedelicSam's tincture threads