did i hear this right?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rhino31, Dec 5, 2012.

1. NATO is giving Turkey ballistic missiles? Wtf? Are there trying to start a war between Syria and Turkey?

2. Obviously. If we cant do it, send someone else in to do it for us! Like Iraq with Iran.

3. the world has gone full on retard.

4. Yay!

More proxy wars!

5. Umm, no. If I remember correctly (I just glanced at an article in a local newspaper), Turkey is asking for and most probably will get lended to them an Anti Ballistic Missile system. Most probably the Patriot ABM system.

This to protect against the potential of a Scud missile attack from the crumbling Syrian Assad regime.

A perfectly legitimate request from a NATO partner.

A more interesting question is if Turkey should remain a NATO partner at all. Given their track-record (persecution of Kurds and Armenians, occupation of half of Cyprus, long-standing animosity towards Greece) and growing ambition as a player in the contentious middle-east conundrum, Turkey seems more a liability than an asset.

It made sense strategically for Turkey to be a member of NATO during the cold-war. Holding up the southern flank against the Soviet behemoth. But today?

6. were sorry the human being you were trying to reach at "white, house" is not available. please leave your message after the tone.

7. Were all fucked

8. Turkey is an important ally in the region and are being attacked by Syria. Syria are allied with Iran. We have been at war with Syria and Iran since the 70's, Syria since the 60's. They started it, we need to quit pussyfooting around and bomb the hell out of them, have no mercy, finish it once and for all.

9. Hoping no nuclear weapons are launched man

10. You guys are strange, if Syria is firing on Turkey, who started a war?

11. The Greeks hate the Turks just as much. Think Cain and Abel. It started well before Alexander the Great.

12. Damn bro, that's a long time hatred

13. #13 Malvolio, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Nobody is giving Turkey ballistic missiles, but they want a Ballistic Missile Defence system, due to the chemical weapons threat posed by Syria. As a Nato partener, they have the right to request this.

Will probably be given this: MIM-104 Patriot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: Just read some of the Wikipedia page and they will be using the Patriot system.

14. And who is going to pay for said patriot missiles?

15. Dude I heard on the radio this morning that NATO forces were delivering missiles to Turkey. It may not be ballistic but they are giving missiles

16. Why cant just everyone put down their guns and be friends *cryface:(

17. This is what they are giving them. Its a defensive weapon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Heard a report yesterday, the Syrians are moving biological and chemical weapons, I in fact think that is where Saddam stashed them. 2 convoys of trucks left Iraq when we invaded, one to Syria and one to Russia, funny we never hear that mentioned.

19. So nothing really long ranged?

20. Finally something made in America is being exported!!!!!