Did i have an astral projection?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thagrimm, Dec 13, 2011.

1. #1 thagrimm, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Recently I've been trying to lucid dream and had little success but last night it was something different at first i relized I was not awake because my fingers were extremly long so i said i to my self i must be dreaming.I do a realty checks during the day by simply looking at my hands and for the first time it worked so once I knew I had to be dreaming I started looking around I was still in my bed and the tv was on and the alarm clock said 3:13 but I heard someone in the hallway so I made the decision to get up and see who it was only I DIdnt get up and walk I simply thought about looking and was there like I just appeard and seen a shadow figure who I thought I recognized approaching me faster and faster until it went right thru me. So I turned around to follow it when something grabed me from behind and screamed a horrible sound and shook me until I could feel my numb body again and I was back in my room I opened my eyes but it took several minutes before I could move my body but what really freaked me out is i told my girl about it and she looked at me and there where handprint marks on my shoulders.

anyone ever had an experience like this? Or have any ideas what it could have been?
    Also share your weird experiences

2. sleep paralysis.

3. And now explain away the hand marks you non-believer, you.

4. let's see some pictures of the bruises. regardless, his description of his half lucid dream fits a classic case of sleep paralysis

5. Insidious??

6. pretty sure you had an obe, but i've never heard of someone getting attacked while in one. It kinda freaks me out, maybe you have some bad energy in your house. Was there someone that lived there before?

7. [quote name='"Klipp"']pretty sure you had an obe, but i've never heard of someone getting attacked while in one. It kinda freaks me out, maybe you have some bad energy in your house. Was there someone that lived there before?[/quote]

Yeah but idno who we just moved here like a year ago and it wasn't like I felt threatened it just grabed me and shook me really hard and there were handprints on me when I got up that stayed there for like a hour or so

8. [quote name='"jlear3"']Insidious??[/quote]

And yes I've seen that movie and it was alot like that but I didn't go to some world I was in my house also I've never experienced anything like that before that I can remember

9. #9 batenswitch, Dec 14, 2011
    Astral projection can't account for things that happen to your physical body.

Either someone broke in to your house and grabbed you, or you sleep-walk and get in fights with homeless people, or you're suffering stockholm-syndrome from an abusive girlfriend, or you have multiple personalities and one of them likes to leave bruises on you, or you are mistaken (about the bruises lol; the experience just sounds like sleep paralysis).

10. [quote name='"batenswitch"']Astral projection can't account for things that happen to your physical body.

Either someone broke in to your house and grabbed you, or you sleep-walk and get in fights with homeless people, or you're suffering stockholm-syndrome from an abusive girlfriend, or you have multiple personalities and one of them likes to leave bruises on you, or you are mistaken (about the bruises lol; the experience just sounds like sleep paralysis).[/quote]

Is all that really necessary?
    I didn't say it was astral projection. I asked if it sounded like it because I'm new to that whole thing

11. well, this is what it sounds like, right?
    Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. #12 batenswitch, Dec 14, 2011
    Sorry if I came off as insulting lol, wasn't my intention. Yeah astral projection is supposed to be an out of body experience + a lucid dream basically, and if you're positive there were NEW bruises the only explanation I can honestly muster is sleep walking or you somehow beat yourself in your sleep lol.

13. Yeah man alot of times I get majorly screamed at and it feels like im being shaken or blasted out of the dream.

Never noticed anything physically carrying over from a dream though :/

14. [quote name='"batenswitch"']

Sorry if I came off as insulting lol, wasn't my intention. Yeah astral projection is supposed to be an out of body experience + a lucid dream basically, and if you're positive there were NEW bruises the only explanation I can honestly muster is sleep walking or you somehow beat yourself in your sleep lol.[/quote]

Bruises isn't the right word it makes it sound alot worse than it was more like a carpet burn kind of rash but looked like hands and faded away in a couple hours
    But I agree with the sleep paralyses theory it pretty much Sounds like what happend thanks for the info

15. I've had sleep paralysis happen before and it scared the shit out of me LOL. No hallucinations though, I was just awake and immobile.

16. [quote name='"batenswitch"']I've had sleep paralysis happen before and it scared the shit out of me LOL. No hallucinations though, I was just awake and immobile.[/quote]

See I've had that happen when I was young like your Laying down and it's like your brain wakes up before your body kinda feeling

But last night it was more than that it was like it started as me being that numb feeling and then poofed out of my body into the hallway thru my locked bedroom door then poofed back in my body back to the same immobile feeling you said you experienced that's why I thought maybe it could have been astral projection but who knows

By the way for what its worth I haven't slept very much at all latly due to my son being born last week and is up all day and night maybe this lack of sleep could have triggerd it?

17. I have had sleep paralysis before but it was kind of different.
    When I first moved in to the house I grew up in when I was 4 I thought I saw another little girl and asked if she was the house spirit haha. I did not get a reply though. I catch a glimpse of the shadowy girl every so often, almost always at the same corner in my bedroom. But as I grew older I seem to see her less and less. One night I woke up lying in bed(I think I was 16 or 17 at that time)with my knees bent. I saw the shadowy figure sitting on my knees, facing side way. I kind of panicked in my mind and realized I could not move, then I well... just tried to force myself back to sleep and pretend I did not see a thing. My friend told me that it is very similar to the old hag story but the figure that was sitting on me did not seem malicious. I think it was the little girl in my room. I just wondered if she was telling me good bye since I never saw her again after that.

I can't explain your bruises though... Those are frigging bizarre.

18. There's so much more to life than we're currently aware of...

That's all :smoke:

19. I get sleep paralysis almost every night...always half awake and see and sometimes hear people in my room and I can just stare right at them and it's freaky as hell..I tell myself it's fake but my brain doesnt believe me...sucks because I dont feel like a get a deep enough sleep but I'm awake just fine all day so dont think its narcolepsy..need to ask the doc about it

20. sleep paralysis