Did I Have A Seizure?

Discussion in 'General' started by G A L A X Y, Aug 18, 2014.

1. I got high yesterday morning off half of a blunt. I smoked it in my shed. After I smoked I went inside and sobered up. After becoming sober I went outside and smoked again. As I was finishing the blunt I started feeling weird, like I had smoked too much. Although it was probably only .5 or .6 grams. As I stood up to put the roach away I started feeling like I was gonna faint. Then I lost control and started jerking around violently, hitting myself against the table and tv in the shed multiple times.I couldn't control myself or anything for like 20 seconds. As the jerking-around stopped I pretty much collapsed in my seat and sat there for like half an hour until I could build up enough energy to go inside and sleep. I was still wicked high after my episode.

I really don't think it was the weed. I doubt it was laced. Was it possible I just got way too high? I used to smoke everyday but the last few weeks ive only been smoking every couple days. I doubt it. Could I have epilepsy? I doubt it was the weed so I'm gonna go and smoke a little bit and see if I start feeling weird again. If not, I'll probably see a doctor, but if I do, I'll lay off mary jane for a while... Any ideas?

2. Maybe go see a doctor, could be something serious. We can't help you too much over an internet site bruh.

3. Yea dude, it kinda sound like one, go in to a dr and make sure. You don't want seizures trust me

4. I think it could have been. Idk what else makes you act like that. I just had a seizure like 3 weeks ago, but I was out. The last I remember is feeling weird, like I just wanna sit there for a minute. Then I'm waking up in a hospital bed and getting stuck with an iv. They said I jerked around for about a minute, then I was unconscious for maybe 10 minutes. I was near a hospital. And I smoked lots of weed after that, I was ok. And they said mine was caused by alcohol withdrawal, I don't think weed can cause a seizure.

5. Are people usually aware of what's going on during a seizure? I just always thought they blanked out

I'd definitely get checked

Omega369

6. This, my mom has seizures and every time she has one she has no clue that it happened unless someone tells her.

7. My friend has epilepsy and he can't ever remember his seizures either.

8. My husband has had seizures since he was14 he is now 35! He never even knows he had one unless he hurt him self or I tell him!! Trust me go to the dr's!!! It's not an east life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 UnsuspiciousUsername, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    The same thing happened to me when I had a shot of tequilia in me and a blunt. It happened approxmiate one hour after having one shot and a whole blunt. Only happened once. I don't remember how, but I ended up on the ground, and I slowly came to realizing that my head was jerking up and down wildly, but I still couldn't control myself. The whole ordeal lasted likely for only one minute. I was told it looked like I was seizing. Like you, it only happened once, and with the combination of drugs, so once is not a symptom to bring in for epilepsy. 

It probably wasn't because of the weed, but I'm sure it had an influence. The reason for me, from my own diagnosis, would be low blood sugar at the time and/or dehydration. "I pretty much collapsed in my seat and sat there for like half an hour until I could build up enough energy to go inside and sleep." Marijuana can influence this, partially, but you probably fainted because of low sugar, because that sounds like a classic faint. 

What did you drink and eat before this happened? How much? How long before? How much did you eat/drink the whole day?

10. #10 Lenny., Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Make sure you're drinking a beverage while you're smoking. A sugary beverage works well as it helps stabalize blood sugar. Helps keep oxygen flow so you're not nauseous. Take deep breaths. Pace yourself.

11. Standing up too fast when high increases that feeling you get when standing up too fast sober. I kind of like that feeling when high, its super intense.. but never had it roll into a seizure. Sounds like you stood up too fast while high and it triggered something. There are times when it happens to me and I damn near pass out.

Did you start shaking after you hit yourself? Or did the shaking cause you to fall and hit yourself? Cause if you stood up too fast and started to pass out, then hit your head, that could very well induce some kind of mini seizure.

I think there was only one time when I fell from standing up too fast while high, but I usually grab hold of something or sit right back down and ride the wave. The after effect doesn't usually last anymore that 30 seconds, warm legs, light headed, vision starts to go white for the first couple seconds, tingling limbs.. but I enjoy it :)

Mobile mumbling..

12. I had something similar happen to me a few months ago. I was smoking my second bowl of the night, and about mid way through the bowl I started to get that uneasy "I've smoked too damn much feeling", and I put the bowl down. About a half hour later I started shivering and experienced a convulsing sensation in my arms and legs. I tried to stand up to get to the glass of water I had on a table across the room, but my legs started shaking uncontrollably as soon as I put weight on them. Then my entire body started shivering and convulsing, and I collapsed back into the couch and stayed there in that state for about an hour. I felt weak for a few hours afterword. I asked my gf, who is an LPN, about it, and she said that it sounded blood sugar related. It's possible that I had low blood sugar going into the smoke sesh, and all the smoke effected my blood pressure, which is a one-two punch. 

Not sure if this is helpful, but it sounds like we experienced a similar reaction/episode.

13. Probably low blood sugar and standing up too fast
    I've gotten that from head rushes before, though its rare

14. I wake and bake seven days a week, literally high for 90% of my day but sometimes I'll take a hit and the exact same thing will happen to me, I'm zoned out but my body is jerking. Except as soon as it's over I feel fine, all that happens is I can't stand while I'm convulsing. Once I was standing in front of my roommate and ended up like collapsing on her (feeling myself awkwardly grind all over her but not being able to stop it.. LOL). I've cut back but it doesn't seem to matter how much I'm smoking. It'll happen twice in a night or once and then not for a few weeks. It's not a head rush, I've had those. And no issues with blood sugar, and I've never lot control of my muscles before. If you saw it you would definitely describe it as "seizing"... I honestly joined this forum just because it's one of the few places I can even find people who seem to know what I'm talking about. No one seems to have answers though..