Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I have a seizure from smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Askingquestions, Jun 3, 2019.

1. About four years ago I was with two friends sitting around talking. I had been smoking almost everyday at the time but it was really weak weed, that’s all I could really handle. My friend passed her bong to me and I took a big hit. I coughed really deeply and I thought yikes...I remember having so many flashbacks of my life and I became extremely insecure in myself to the point where I felt like I didn’t exist anymore. It was the worst feeling I’ve ever had and the most terrifying. I blacked out and I guess I kept saying I’m sorry over and over and babbling random things. It was like I had a seizure of some kind. I couldn’t control my body. My friend called the ambulance but I wouldn’t go to them because I didn’t think they could help me. I don’t know how long the actual seizure lasted. At the end of it I fell to the floor and my friend though I had died because I was pale white. I came back and screamed really loud because I thought I had gone to hell. It was literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me and the most embarrassing because it happened in front of two of my friends. I feel ashamed of myself every day and afraid that it will happen again. Though I haven’t touched weed since and I never will again. I guess this is kindof my effort to try and find some answers or find out if anything like this has ever happened to anyone? Though I would never wish this on my worst enemy, it was absolutely horrible.

2. It sounds like you could of had a seizure. They're supposedly caused by marijuana. I would stay cautious.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thankyou, after all this time that’s about the best conclusion I’ve been able to draw.

4. Just sounds like you got too messed up. I've admitted dumb feelings when baked out of my gourd. Nothing crazy, but repressed emotions.

Don't worry about it.

5. Thankyou, I had a very rough two years before that so there was definitely some repressed emotions there. I also considered it may have been some kind of panic attack.

6. It can happen. Weed can cause paranoia in high doses.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it and chalk it up to being too baked. Just be careful with your intake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have experienced this when I take a hoot and stand up fast as I take a big hoot and hold it. Well I get lightheaded anyways

8. Seizure? Who knows. You need to talk to a medical professional to find out what it really was, you can guess all day long and you could be way off. You could have just taken way too big of a bong hit of some really high percentage THC product. First off when you flood your brain with a quick massive jolt of THC a lot can happen within the body, especially mentally. Your brain can go into anxiety over load from too much THC and this can be ugly. Also physically my limbs would start to almost shudder if I took in too much among the unbearable racing heart/thoughts and anxiety. Greening out is not fun. I am not saying this is what happened but sounds like you just got really really high and yes it can happen from one hit, everyone's different. Always know what your consuming first off and remember with cannabis less is really better sometimes! It's why I have been microdosing for years and my tolerance is basically the same (low) as it was 5 years ago.

9. Well cannabis is used to treat seizures so I don’t know about causing them. I’ve never known anyone to have them no matter how much they have had. Probably anxiety, it can do crazy stuff.

10. It's called breaking Toxicity. You took in more than your body could handle at the time, no biggie!

11. I have smoked certain strains i thought for sure i was gonna die dont think it was a seizure or anything just extreme panaroia anxeity

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Had similar when I was taking "Gabapentin" and other painkillers.

13. Same thing happens to me every time I've smoked Amnesia Haze lol. And I have a pretty high tolerance. It sounds like you got a little too much of a strong sativa. Happens to the best of us. Oh and since cannabis is used to treat seizures I really wouldn't THINK it would cause one, but I could be wrong.
    Hopefully it doesn't happen to you again. Just remember no one has ever OD'd and died from it

• Winner Winner x 1