Did I Harvest Too Early?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Grower91, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I took all the bud from one of my females last night because I noticed the leaves starting to turn yellow, which I thought was a sign that they were at the max point and after that the plant would just die. Also I saw a guy with a walkie talkie and a dog and decided not to risk it... lol The bud doesn't smell ANYTHING like skunk right now. It just smells like fresh cut something never quite smelled it before but yea. Like I said in that improvised drying thread of mine I had to a little improv so I won't know how good the weed is for quite some time but what're some ways of telling if you harvested to early?

2. you may have white pistils that have not changed, and clear trichomes are a give away.

3. I have never heard of this method. My leaves start to turn yellow and drop off about half way into flowering (30 days of so). Who told you to chop your plant down at the first sign of yellowing leaves?

4. You want to harvest when at least fifty to eighty percent of the pistils have changed to an auburn or golden orange color for best potency. A more accurate way is to buy a handheld 60-100x microscope and look at the trichomes. when they are a creamy white color it is the best time for harvest for best potency. if the trichomes have turned a amber color then its late and u should pick immediatley. REMEMBER TO CURE for best potency and taste.:smoke:

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. yea i think i did the same thing.I had a plant that went into flowering reaL EARLY and all i could see was brown on my tricromes.6 weeks of flowering and i pull it??:hello:

6. It's been drying for like 16 hours and i can already see little hairs on it. And yeah, there are some pistils that haven't turned but oh well... I'll let you guys know how it is as soon as I smoke it, lol.

7. It's been drying for like 16 hours and i can already see little hairs on it. And yeah, there are some pistils that haven't turned but oh well... I'll let you guys know how it is as soon as I smoke it, lol.

8. Well for some reason I double posted... Anyway, I smoked some of it wet, and WOW. It's some good shit!

9. ewww premie buds. lol

• Like Like x 1

10. dont rush give the bud a good week or 2 to dry off and cure nicely letting it cure will make it alot more tasteful:smoke:

11. Yeah, I was just REALLY excited to see how the bag seed I used turned out, lol. It actually didn't taste that bad and TBH I liked the smoke taste more. It was just a pain in the ass to smoke.

12. saru thanks for the chart posted above it is a great help my plants are about 3 and a half feet tall now and in in the fourth week of flowering...:smoke:

13. how is the drying of your flowers going?

How were you able to smoke the bud wet? Did it just take a long ass time get to burning? I one time on accident spilled water on a few nugs and it took a while (couple days) before they were easily smoke-able again. I could only imagine a freshly picked plant! That's awesome though that it didn't taste that bad....do you have any pics of the plant? Mine is I think at that point where I could pull it but for everyday that I leave it now the nugs are just getting more and more plump. I got about 10-12 days left MAX...so excited! Hope the bud cures well for you!