Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I get too high? or was my bud laced with something?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Spectr, Oct 29, 2011.

1. K so to start off im new here. i have been reading these forums for about a year now and decided its time to make an account for myself.
    so now thats out of the way, let the story that leads to the question begin:

So i have been smoking for about 2 years not alot but pretty often (4-8 times/month) and last night me and my friends went out and smoked.
    what happened kinda freaked me out. we started to smoke and i felt nothing until after about 1/3-1/2 a gram into it i started to feel my whole body had that numb spike feeling like after you lay on your arm too long and it falls asleep my life felt like it was moving in a fast paced slide show but still like 2-3 frames per second and yet felt like 1sec real time was 5sec long in my head and really slow. i had a memory of about 3-5 "frames" then i was in a wtf am i doing here sorta state my heart was racing. like 130-150bpm (when i do intense cardio workouts it gets to be about 120-150bpm so this isn't unusually fast) every time i looked at my phone my hands looked like they were from southpark and about 7 inchs from the face of my phone even tho i was using the touchscreen and my whole vision zoomed way in on the phone and way out on everything else whenever i looked away from my phone i would have a crazy "fisheye" sorta look to the world for about 1-2min or somthing like that. i know there were other things too but they were to minor for me to remember exactly.
    it really freaked me out and i have NEVER had anything like that in 2 years of smoking.

because its only 10:30am here the 2 friends who were with me are still passed out but from what i remember one of my friends was wondering if was alright. he said something like you look kinda pale and really out of it, almost as if im about to puke (i didnt)

i wasnt drunk or on anything else at the time the only thing other than food that was in my system was zyrtec (anti-histamine) and i have smoked 3 times since i started taking it (and more than .3-.5 grams too) and never had problems

now that you have read a bit about what happened my questions are:
    1. is this normal? like could these effects be caused by some strain or was there something else in my herb?
    2. did i just somehow get too high?
    3. should i be concerned about it?

any info would be appreciated as this really freaked me out.
    thanks.

2. thats a lot to read, and I did not read it. but, I came here to say:

lacing bud is more or less a dumb myth. i've smoked weed daily for 10 years almost, seen hundreds and hundreds of pounds, never seen a single gram laced. it just doesn't happen.

3. 1. Yes, you probably smoked some dank haze or something.
    2. Probably.
    3. I don't think so.

DK :smoke:

4. I read most of it. I've experienced things like your phone many times watching a tv. I wouldn't worry about it, you were probably just too ripped. Its fun shit if you know whats going on and know you're going to be ok.

5. [quote name='"Spectr"']K so to start off im new here. i have been reading these forums for about a year now and decided its time to make an account for myself.
    so now thats out of the way, let the story that leads to the question begin:

So i have been smoking for about 2 years not alot but pretty often (4-8 times/month) and last night me and my friends went out and smoked.
    what happened kinda freaked me out. we started to smoke and i felt nothing until after about 1/3-1/2 a gram into it i started to feel my whole body had that numb spike feeling like after you lay on your arm too long and it falls asleep my life felt like it was moving in a fast paced slide show but still like 2-3 frames per second and yet felt like 1sec real time was 5sec long in my head and really slow. i had a memory of about 3-5 "frames" then i was in a wtf am i doing here sorta state my heart was racing. like 130-150bpm (when i do intense cardio workouts it gets to be about 120-150bpm so this isn't unusually fast) every time i looked at my phone my hands looked like they were from southpark and about 7 inchs from the face of my phone even tho i was using the touchscreen and my whole vision zoomed way in on the phone and way out on everything else whenever i looked away from my phone i would have a crazy "fisheye" sorta look to the world for about 1-2min or somthing like that. i know there were other things too but they were to minor for me to remember exactly.
    it really freaked me out and i have NEVER had anything like that in 2 years of smoking.

because its only 10:30am here the 2 friends who were with me are still passed out but from what i remember one of my friends was wondering if was alright. he said something like you look kinda pale and really out of it, almost as if im about to puke (i didnt)

i wasnt drunk or on anything else at the time the only thing other than food that was in my system was zyrtec (anti-histamine) and i have smoked 3 times since i started taking it (and more than .3-.5 grams too) and never had problems

now that you have read a bit about what happened my questions are:
    1. is this normal? like could these effects be caused by some strain or was there something else in my herb?
    2. did i just somehow get too high?
    3. should i be concerned about it?

any info would be appreciated as this really freaked me out.
    thanks.[/quote]

A very similar thing happened to me.

I was on antidepressants at the time which could have contributed, but I was scared. Just take it slow. I did that and now Its all good again

6. You just got really high. That's all. Remember, you can't die from cannabis, and it'll be over before you know it, so you have to just relax.

7. yea you were baked...that shit was probably REALLY fire...i think everyone has had at least a few odd experiences with smoking bud...mine were usually associated with my setting/surroundings/mood/state of mind....i think any of those could help cause wierd feelings

8. Sounds like a panic attack

9. Lacing rarely happens.

Think about this, your average HEROIN user is chemically addicted to the substance, sometimes steals or takes loans he cannot pay to continue with their habbit. I don't want to sound like weed is holy and all other drugs are bad because i do not believe this, but the average heroin user will not have their drug of choice spiked, despite how easy it is. AND if they were spiked, the heroin addict is so often disregarded that they will not turn to authorities about it.

NOW think about this. The average weed user is anywhere between lower to upper class, usually aged 14-30 and not involved in criminal activities. If their stash is spiked and they are sent to hospital there's little to no doubt they will snitch (unless their dealer is scary as fuck). Nobody is going to risk spiking weed just for kicks or to save money.

Sorry if this is a little over the place im still a little drunk :p

10. sounds like you have experienced your first dank bag to me and the euphoria wasn't something you are used to/were not expecting. you are going to be fine, hopefully you guys have some more of that bud left it sounds good. it wasn't laced by the way your friends would have been real fucked up too and you would have noticed that.

11. Thanks for all the replies.:)
    i tried not to panic (cant remember if i did or didn't) and i have been smoking for 2 years now so i know what its like and what to expect this time was just... different. almost scary kinda feeling like this is the end sorta thing. really freaked me out.

it could be that i haven't had a truly dank bag yet. according to my friend who sold me it its medical from cali (i live in virginia) according to my friend smokin it with me it was pretty dank but not medical. either way i have been buying no-name no idea where its from stuff for 2 years now so maby i wasn't ready for the higher intensity.

anyway im pretty re-assured about it now i know i cant die from cannabis just wanted to make sure it was all good.

and yes we have (lots) more of it :hello: and after reading this re-assured me about the rest of it.
    we're smokin more of it later today. hopefully it goes better.

thanks again

peace :bongin:

12. One time I got up and biked over to a friends to smoke, without eating. After the first few hits of the blunt I started to geek, my vision was fucked up and I was kind of uncomfortable, just really high. Then i bought some Snapple and felt better.
    I assumed it was from low blood sugar or something

13. If this happens again, a way to enjoy your high again is just stop thinking about it so much. Just start playing video games... Watch a video, movie, go on gc, get in a deep conversation with someone.

14. I get these effect almost every time I blaze you took the words right out if my mouth. Everything moves in frames like a lower Fps, and sometimes you can see trails behind moving objects. I know exactly what you mean how your vision sorta zooms in on a central object, and you focus mostly on that. I get these effects ALOT after blazing, even not coming off a tolerance break. Even if I haven't smoked, I still get the frames effect for a couple days without blazing. I guess weed effects people different

15. Haha dude you were just baked as fuck keep tokin!

16. People don't lace bud with more expensive chemicals for free -- you gotta pay extra for that.

17. Dude it has happened to me aswell, you were just really really high. Personally I hate the feeling.

18. You were just really stoned, man. Don't worry about lacing, it doesn't happen. Costs someone more to lace weed, it's not worth it just to freak some kid out or something.

19. The heart thing kinda make me think about spice effect but herm i don't know what are
    the prices where you live but if spices cost less maybe there was some kind of mix?
    Was the weed in bud or grinded?