did i get the wrong nutes?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Just some guy1563, Mar 15, 2017.

1. i have 3 bubble boy dwc hydro buckets and canna aqua A&B veg and bloom,
    i went to the canna website to get a feeding schedule and keep seeing its for recirculating systems,
    will they still work or do i now need to get new nutes before i start my grow?

Attached Files:

2. they will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks bro, so i just follow the schedule as it says?

4. i grew in soil, but it's usually not recommended to follow the schedule set forth by a nutrient company as they're in the business of selling more nutrients, and as a result, their feed schedules tend to be a bit hot for growing cannabis.
    most people recommend starting out at about 1/4 or so of what it says on the bottle or w/e you're getting the info, and slowly increase it if they're still looking hungry, and once you start to see slight signs of burning, usually in the very tips of the leaves, you'll know that you pushed them a bit too hard and need to back off slightly on the nutes..

• Like Like x 2
  5. Most nutes all work the same, I've tried a few, my fav is Complete Hydroponics, but Advanced Nutrients and Canna work pretty well too, just get the one that is easiest for you to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those will work buddy, but when your fresh out I really suggest trying Black Flower - AQUA A + B new product line made in Canada. I'm using it - Yes I rep it as well through my store so I wont go all Advertisement on you. They have 20-30% better nutrient uptake in hydro and Aero systems. And they are cheap right now 25% off $39.95 for a 4 Litre. Check my sig.

7. My local shop carries Canna, as well as a host of others. Followed his advice and bought the Canna nutes. Where possible I support the Shop...besides he has tons of info that he shares freely to customers..

8. Hey Man nothing wrong with supporting local - It's how the little guy stays alive. Cheers to that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Those schedules are rated for a 1000 watt. Start with an 1/8 for seedling and work your way up. I'm at 4/6th strength my 4th week in flower using general hydroponics flora series.

Dual Mars Hydro 144 Multi Strain Grow Journal - Dual MarsHydro 144 - Multi Strain DWC 4x4 LED Grow Journal

10. That will work. Are you using tap water or RO? If RO, you'll want to also add in a ca/mg additive like Cali Magic. If you are using a hard water source, then you won't need to - but with RO you will. You'll also want a Silica additive like ProteKt. They don't really tell you, but these things aren't in the nutes mix and you need to add them to it separately.

Also, Rhizotonic and Cannazyme - also by Canna. Rhizotonic makes the roots pop like crazy. It's VERY good stuff. Cannazyme will dissolve dead root matter as they grow and make them available as nutrients again. Both of these you'll need to add in to the mix as well. Rhizotonic I use at full strength but everything else I cut in half. I learned some hard lessons NOT doing this...

Do you have a pH meter, PPM/EC meter and pH up and down solution? You'll need those too... After you get everything mixed you'll need to check the pH and then adjust it to 5.8 with the up or down solution.

There's a science to mixing the nutrients all in the right order so that things don't end up binding to the wrong things and effectively falling out of solution.

So, when you get the rest of the stuff, google the mixing sequence or ask and someone will fill you in. It's not as easy as just part A and Part B and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum