Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did i get ripped ofF?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StrangerJuice, Mar 12, 2012.

1. dude you can fit maybe an eight in those things you got ripped off my man....i know for example a normal half o the biggest nug in it doesnt even fit in that cellophane lol sorry

2. ive seen some pretty bricked up weed in my day. wouldnt be impossible to fit a half oz in a cellophane. Used to get quarters of weed brought to me in prison in a chapstick tube!!! Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!!! :)

3. probably. enjoy what you got, but never buy off him again. you cant really do much else, just forget about it. i learned this the hard way: never give money without seeing the weed first.

4. Might as well go to Burger King put a $20 in the tip jar and expect someone to bring you a fucking Big Mac.
    1 gram for $10 = $140 per half
    but you were expecting to pay $50 for a half? that's just stupid, this guy told you he'd sell you a half at a 67% markdown of his standard prices and you were expecting a deal? Your lucky you left with a fucking 1/8. If he really wanted to fuck you over he woulda taken the money, knocked you the fuck out, and disappeared. Burn your 1/8 and buy from someone else next time, and don't be believe everything you hear.

5. Ugggg, all the people trying to show off how good a price they get need to realize they are STILL being taken by the growers :p (not that I am complaining)

Regardless of how awesome whoever's connect it, $50 for an eighth of quality is fairly typical street price... yes it is gonna vary with where you live, who you know and how much you buy... but I would be willing to bet the $50 eighth of "chronic" is more standard then any other pricing.

The real question is is it shady to switch qualities/amounts on him even the amount of high per dollar is the same... You should get what you asked for, or at least be notified and given the option to decline obviously. However judging by the OP, he doesn't know shit about weed... and I don't think its that big a deal that the guy switched on him so long as he provided a decent eighth for $50. It seems like a favor to get a kid who doesn't know any better decent weed for once.

Also given the OPs apparent level of knowledge and experience I wouldn't be to surprised if he was not very specific/clear about what he wanted. And considering that he said the guy went 30mi to get it, it was likely a favor and not a dealer. If someone like the OP bugged me into driving 30 mi to get them a sack, and it turned out I could only get them dank instead of shit weed.... I wouldn't feel like too big of a dick, you know?

6. U gave him 50 bucks. What were u expecting

7. not only did you get ripped but, your weed is broken. sorry

8. The problem here is that this guy thinks 3.5 grams is a quarter, when as you know it is in fact an eighth. If you read his posts realizing he thinks an eighth is a quarter, it actually makes sense.

Basically from what I can see the OP thinks an oz is 14gs.

9. Like...why can't you get a picture? If you're 18 I find it funny you have nothing that can take a picture..

10. Sounds like you got a $20 bag of bud and the person who got you the bud pocketed $30 of your cash. Lessoned learned get the bud in person yourself and the dealer only. Inspect the bud if its looks up to standards and Weighs out (if you don't have a Scale buy one very cheap $10-$20 tops.) A half ounce should weigh out to 14 Grams. Dont Trust no one also man.

11. I take personal offense to this. What do you risk as a simple customer picking up a sack? a little misdemeanor? possible ticket? And what do us growers risk each and everyday for you to be able to smoke the magically herb we grow! Not only that but seems you feel growing is a cheap hobby? Far from it my friend! Im atleast 2k in my grow and its still growing! If you wanna bitch about prices talk to your buddy thats baggin up grams for $25. Not the grower thats sellin an oz for $200. If your gunna rant then atleast rant about the right people!

12. You should have at least doubled your initial investment with your first grow, and much of the equipment lasts for multiple grows...

I guess it depends on strains, personal decisions, and if you mess up while learning, but those aren't the customer's faults.

And don't pretend that we aren't saving (and/or making) money by growing. If we weren't, it wouldn't be worth the risk. Besides, ~6-7 g's a year to a dispensary/dealer vs. ~1-2 g's a year on growing equipment (and all the dank+hash+kief you could possibly smoke +the satisfaction of diy +making money if you're selling)? That's a no brainer who wins.

13. Sounds like a 7G of synthetic weed, or just shit weed.

14. Man I got ripped yesterday , paid 25 euro for a shite bag, the guy said he will compensate me today though by giving me afew joints but Im still waiting , fuck it