Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I get ripped off?(Pretty sure I did)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WetwithSharp, May 26, 2010.

1. #81 Macnub, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    Uh-oh. I can't help but think your only looking at the top, and not moving the burnt weed out of the way..

I can get 4 hits out of the pipe until theres like, some noticeable dark brown spots. I then take another hit and then move it all around to see if the weed is eliminated. Most of the time there is still a little left, thus resulting in hit number 6.

Maybe you are lighting the lighter too long? Only keep it lit until you see a cherry (red/hot/smoking pieces of leaf) or else you will torch it. Plus you will get that nasty taste * from the lighter*.

Be sure to move your weed around a little w/ your pinky or something every 2 or so hits.

Oh btw, I'm not sure if hitting the cashed bowl does anything. I don't care for it much. I know some people like to scrape the resin ( dried up black sticky ash on the side of bowls/pipes) and smoke that... I can imagine it tastes like shit though.

2. If i had a boner...seeing that you paid $70 for that made my penis flacid...good lord.

Call him up and get your money back or never go back to him again. I dont even know what to say.

3. No way that's worth 70 dollars, it looks like a straight quarter though.

4. Yeeahh, cause that's not awkward.

5. I can get that much of high mids for $20.
    You were straight up robbed.

6. looks like a quater or more.

7. i laughed for like 10 minutes
    god this is good shit

8. Yeah bro u got ripped off bad. its not green at all and looks like a lot of dirty shake. (nasty as fuck!!) but it may be dense as hell but i still wouldn"t pay 70 at all. maybe like $42.0 :smoke: take it easy

9. that looks more than an eigth but that picture isn't that clear. it might be a quarter. not to hate but for 70 bucks you should be getting a half oz. of that. at least now you know to not call that scummer again.

10. No dude, brown haze is sweeping the nation!

In all seriousness, you got fucked over man. That's some dirt weed

11. A bag like that would go for about $40 here. You definitely got ripped off, but don't feel too bad; everyone gets ripped off once or twice. You could sell it and make some money back, or you could just smoke it and accept your losses. Personally, I would smoke it.

As for knowing what good weed looks like; there is a considerable difference between bad and good weed. Here's a few ways to tell:

1. Smell- Dank buds will usually permeate the entire room with a strong smell; just by opening the bag. If you can't smell the weed a foot away, it probably sucks. However, some weed can be good and not have too potent a smell, so you can't always rely on this.

2. Appearances- Most of the bad weed I get has a "stringy" consistency to it and is hard to grind up all the way. They also usually come in smaller buds. Dank buds are usually pretty light and fluffy, and 3.5 grams of it will look like way more than 3.5 grams of schwag. Dank weed is also never brown as far as I know.

3. Seeds- The bottom of a sack of shwag will be infested with seeds. Dank buds have little to no seeds. Usually none.

That's about it. It really does take experience, but hopefully this will help you a little.

12. thats like $25dollars worth of stress right there

13. bummer dood.

-C

14. I wouldn't say you got ripped unless you knowingly paid $70 for something the fucker just dug out of his backyard.

I have mixed feelings about people who rip others off -- you shouldn't do it because it's fucked up, but if you're too dumb to fall for it then why not?
    No offense btw hon. Not saying you're dumb or anything.. just unlucky! I imagine you got it in a hand off or something and didn't have time to look over it with him? Otherwise I'd straight spit in his face for offering that shit to me.