Did I fry my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by .carbon, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Okay guys so heres the deal. I planned on growing 5 feminized kaya gold plants on a private property of mine and have just recently started the germination process. To germinate I had them sitting on a window seal and when I learned that that could cause stretching I moved them under two 26watt CFLs with a fan inside of a cooler. I failed to realize that although the fan would supply airflow the heat would from the lights would still be trapped in the cooler. I had just rigged up this system as a temporary solution until I could get some ventilation but I come home after only a few hours and my plants are wilted.

Is there ANY chance of saving them?

Heres my setup.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my biggest sproutling, Lucy.
    [​IMG]

They are all still green but are wilted over almost completely. I immediately sprayed them with some refrigerated water to cool them down and they are currently sitting in my open fridge as to cool the core temperature of the soil down. What can I do to save my ladies???

TL;DR
    My five sproutlings spent about 3 hours in an unventilated cooler with 2 26watt CFLs. Basically an oven wilted my flows, what can I do to save them?

2. looks fried broseph

3. They're not fried. They're pretty overwatered. Stop misting and watering them and let them dry out. Doesn't look like its too late for them to bounce back.

Do you have drain holes in the bottom of those cups? If not, put some there. You can rig up a little something to help speed the process. An incandescent bulb under the box somehow should help heat the soil up helping it dry out faster. Keep the fan blowing around them, but not directly on them, and leave the lights on 24/7.

Hope they bounce back, bro. Go easy on the watering, MJ does't like saturated soils. Let it dry out nicely before you water it again, they'll be all perked up by then most likely.

4. Looks fried! Just leave that thing open and keep good air circulation... hope for the best :(

5. Anyway, after reading the post more carefully... get them out of the fridge. Use only one light if you want, but you need to dry them out. I really doubt that 2 small CFL's produce enough heat to fry those seedlings. Maybe 85F in that cooler wouldn't have done it.

They're over watered.

6. More like drowning.

7. Okay I now have the cooler open with two fans indirectly cooling the lights down and giving the ladies a nice breeze. I have readjusted the cups so that they can drain more freely. I guess its fingers crossed for now.

Thanks for the support blades, I really hope they are just over-watered and not fried!

8. Way too much water and humidity bro.

9. It only looks humid because I sprayed them with cold water before I took the pic to cool them down. I did water them earlier today which was clearly a mistake.

10. Since other blades have answered the question I just want to add that mj is really good at recovering so I'm sure you will be fine

11. Maybe cutting a hole in the top and adding an axial fan to exhaust & a small passive intake at the bottom might help? Can anyone confirm this? I'm probably wrong..

12. dog do those cups have holes in the bottom?

13. yes they do, they are drained.