Did i FIM this right??

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Weeman30, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ok i have one of my Blue Dream clones LST'd and FIM'd this is my first grow hows it look did i do it right??

The one i FIM'd is on the right in the picture as you look at it

The other i guess i Fim'd as well i accidentally broke the top inch and half off the day i got the clone
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. In the very top pic can i cut 80% of the growth beneath it in the pic?

3. just leave it alone now and let it grow. The more you mess with it the slower it will grow. it looks well FIM'ed. Plants are like old men, the don't do physical stress well and take a few days to recover after any exertion :)

Thanks man il see how she recovers and in a few days if she looks all and well il give it a go

Trying to keep her short and bushy

5. try at least a week. Most indicas don't need to be FIMed or topped more then once. Next thing I would do is to LST it and encourage the side shoots to become tops. 

Its Blue Dream Sativa Dom.

It is LST with paper clips the thing is growing side ways lol

Im going wrap it in a circle around the pot

7. Another Clone FIM hows it look??

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Now i got her FIM'd n LST let the new growth BEGIN!!

[​IMG]

9. There ya go. Be careful sativas get huge.

10. #13 bananamber, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    Just my two cents but as I always say, it's called "Fuck I missed" for a reason. As long as you get somewhere near 80% of the top off, it's a FIM job. But for future reference, if you end up accidentally breaking a top, don't FIM it, let it heal. As long as she's still connected (And sometimes that doesn't even matter), she'll recover within a couple weeks. The added stress of a FIM job on an already broken top just adds to the stress and will take longer to recover.

A long time ago, I snapped the main stem about 5" out of the soil on a 2 month old plant that I LST'd very late. Got a little rough since the stem was too thick, hand slipped as I was pulling the string and snapped her almost entirely through. Wrapped her in first aid tape (Allowing the break to breath is super important) and she healed in about 10 days with a giant knuckle with a perfect right angle. She didn't even slow down and she seem to grow more vigorously right after I broke her which was really surprising.

Yea the one i broke the top off of no fiming just LST 

the other one is lst and fim 

i didnt know about the tape or i would of left the top on damnn ittt

12. Update on the "Fucked i Missed" job..

Seems to be doing good its been only 1.5 Day since

Heres the day of cut[​IMG]

Heres Today not much of a difference But theres little growth (not sure how many tops i got outta it)
    [​IMG]

The day of cut
    [​IMG]

Todays (thought that spec was a bug but turned out to be soil)
    [​IMG]