Did I do the right thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fredean, Mar 8, 2011.

1. My dad owes my mom about 150,000 dollars plus alimony which he never paid for the past 2-3 years that amount to about 10,000-20,000. My mom was diagnosed with cancer last year and he didn't send anything, so now she has to work 30-40 hours a week to support our apartment, food, etc because I go to school and can only work 10-15 hours a week. The mariage contract ended last year, and still not a penny received. he lives in europe, so even if we sue him, the lawyers are going to take a huge bite out of my mom's savings.

I was suposed to go see him this summer, so I told him that if he didn't do anything or send any money to my mom, I wasn't going to see him. I really hate taking sides with one parent, but isn't this the right side? =/

2. well technically it's the left because europe would be on the right.

3. I don't get it? :smoke:

4. It sounds bad, but I guess with him already owing you a huge amount of money it makes sense to say something like that. Nobody diagnosed with cancer should be working like that.

5. Judging from what you wrote I think that's a reasonable and respectable decision. Shitty situation though.

6. I think if your dads out of the country nobody can do shit... That's what my dad did with child benefits or whatever, got sick of paying and left the country without saying anything...fucking dick

7. Well, we would have to go to the embassy of the country he's at and get a lawyer through there, but that would cost ALOT.

BTW: Charlie Sheen is the man.

8. Problem is, he owes my mom that money, not me. I feel like I'm not meddling in my own affairs, but he won't answer any emails from my mom.

9. Yeah it depends why he owes the money, for some things, if you're not in the country you don't have to pay up.

10. america is on the left and europe is on the right.. so you picked the left choice.. lol sorry i'm high

11. what if you're facing south

12. then it's obvious.. you should turn around and head north.

13. If you don't mind me asking why does he owe that much money????

14. His name is Charlie Sheen.
    Joke :D

He owes half the apartment we lived in when we were in Europe to my mom.

15. Then yes, be straight. He is doing something wrong, your right to stand up to that and make him pay. Do it sooner rather than later. And never ever resort to shouting at him.

16. Nope my dad didn't pay shit and didn't even want to speak to me until I turned 18 and then he wanted to meet me.

I told him to help pay for college or to go suck one.
    He choose the latter.

17. Lemme guess he "owes" her half cause she divorced him?

I'm never getting married. I have too much for a bitch to just come and take half when she decides she doesn't love me anymore.

FUCK SOCIETY

18. She paid for half the apartment herself. It's her money, not his.

19. Fuck no you didn't do the right thing. Money shouldn't get in the way of your two's relationship, especially when it's not about you. The guy obviously doesn't have 120,000 to just give away to your mom...Give him a break that's all I ask. :(