Did I do the right thing?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PlayingWithFire, Sep 4, 2010.

1. #1 PlayingWithFire, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    So today, I was walking around the mall buying some new band shirts and such. I was walking past a coffee shop and there was some old lady making a purchase there

I looked down by her feet for some reason and noticed that she had dropped a 20 dollar bill there right behind her, so i went over picked it up and told her she dropped it and gave it back to her.

I could easily have just taken it and had an extra 20 bucks to spend on god knows what, but for some reason I wanted to be the good guy

Did I do the right thing? Should I have kept it or what?

EDIT: I am hoping to encourage others to make the same kinds of decisions by posting this thread ;D

2. Definitely did the right thing. Whenever I see somebody lose money I give it back.

3. I'm just gonna say i felt like a hero after ;)

4. lol you did the right thing.

5. [​IMG]

6. If moneys lying around on the street or somewhere where it was clearly not just dropped or lost, it's fine to take. It was that persons who lost it responsibility to keep it, but they lost it. Fair's fair.

But if you see someone drop it or clearly they just did, it is bad to take it.

Good job.

7. Way to break rules 1 and 2.

8. The question is....would you have done the right thing if it were $200?

9. lol are you seriously asking this, its kinda common sense...yes you did do the right thing obviously by giving it back.

right thing = returning money to her
    wrong thing = taking money for yourself

10. You would have did the right thing if you didnt make a thread looking for appraisal.

11. That's a great thing really. You could have been the guy sitting across the room lingering to pick it up but you did the right thing. Another good thing is by sharing it with us it'll be passed forward. Great job my next day's weed is dedicated to your good deed. :D :smoking:

12. Yeh man you did good, especially since you seen her drop it and didn't have the temptation to pocket it for yourself. I remember back when I was like 13 I went to this Tony hawk demo at a local college and picked up a backstage pass that I saw a kid drop. I know I woulda felt like shit knowing someone could have seen me pocket it and not do the right thing. So I gave it to the kid, the only regret I had from it was I didn't even get a thank you

13. you did the right thing
    and when you do u know because you feel good about ur self
    plus u gotta c it from their perspective like how much would it suck to just lose $20 ya know

14. Hopefully she will realise that someone did that and she will pass it on by doing another good deed, and the chain will continue and I MAY HAVE MADE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!

15. The twenty dollars were worth $20. His actions have my approval.

16. Well, he was asking whether he did the right or wrong thing, so he may have been looking for an appraisal of his actions......

17. #17 Monkybiz007, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    Possibly. But the way the guy structured his sentence led me to believe he meant to use the word approval, since he didn't put an indefinite article "an" before it. And why would seeking an appraisal of your actions demean them? Whereas seeking approval would to some demean the good deed, I don't believe that though.

18. hahahahahahahahaahhhahaah, classic

19. I dont see the difference between taking the money and not, because he didnt take it to feel good about himself not "to do the right thing" thats y he made this thread, you would probly feel better if you had taken the 20 and got a sack or somthing

"my blood is colder than a ice box" doe

20. Personally i would have taken the twenty dollars and gave that old lady one sexy lap dance.Probably the best thing she could have spent twent dollars on :cool: