Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I burn my VG tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jeffo, Mar 15, 2017.

1. I followed a guide online with the crockpot 24 hours method (not pot in pot) but I think I might have burn it. The smell isn't pleasant at all and the tincture is dark brown, not clear. I tried it and 3 droppers tasted disgusting but gave me a heavy head high, but I'm worried that ingesting vast amounts of this might be bad for health due to being possibly burnt?? Any help? This is my prescription medication so usually I make it with alcohol and take about 15-30ml a day. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me as I've been stressed all day trying to decide if I should take this.

2. I don't see why it would be bad for you. Did you have bad effects from the first dose? If not, you should be fine. Good luck.

3. The reason is because I made a 1 liter batch, so I wanted to know if there is cause for concern if I take that in a month due to it being burned? Also is there anyway I can make the taste better, it's disgusting now and anything I add it too ruins the taste

4. It's not burnt. That nasty taste is the result of cooking the material for 24 hours. That's the usual nasty taste associated with direct extraction with heat. It should be dark due to the cannabinoids but you may be able to improve the taste with LorAn candy flavoring. I'd suggest that you take a little of your glycerin and try various flavors to find the one that will cover the best. Some might magnify the taste or combine for something truly gross so doing a sample first is best.

Glycerin is best when it's cured. After the heating you let it sit in a dark cupboard for a couple of weeks, shaking occasionally. You'll notice that the dark color will become more opaque and the flavor will improve, too. Glycerin is a very slow solvent and it just takes a little time to reach full absorption. Up to that point it's more of a suspension. Pour some of what you have into another jar and set it aside for comparison. There's a real learning curve to the stuff. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. @jeffo
    Ecig juice is mostly glycerin so look over some of the threads on sites like Eliquidrecipes for flavoring ideas as it's not much different..
    Cake decorating shops will have candy grade Lorann flavorings as does some Michael's stores. You can try some of the basic extracts from the Supermarket since your eating the glycerin directly.. It's a lot weaker then candy flavors but it'll let you play around. Maple and Vanilla are both good at covering cannabis.
    [​IMG]
    BNW