Did I body bag this dude at all or nah *Wall of Text*

Discussion in 'General' started by ReturnFire333, Nov 8, 2014.

1. #1 ReturnFire333, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    Got into an argument debate on FB with one of those "I use big words for no reason look at me" dudes, called him out on it. Did I bodybag him or flop?

Alex: (in reply to someone else) I know you don't view it as a cure-all solution, but more so the first step into an endeavor that's essential to actually enjoying your life. I really do appreciate your new intake on life, man, it's nice to see you apprehending your innermost aspirations. I think you'd be way happier in a nicer environment too, that's for damn sure. I love northern California, personally. I'm just thinking ahead for you, incase you're like me and realize that the established order of civilization can't offer you the life you seek. Authoritarian government, political formalities, social orders, monetary systems, economic infrastructures, labor/wages; the most fundamental components of corporate America, in my opinion, only distort the grand experience of life for sentient beings such as ourselves. Maybe we shall join forces somewhere in the near future to cipher some sort of idealistic way of life.
    10 hrs · Like

Clayton: Big words solve life.
    9 hrs · Like

Alex: Big words come from big thoughts, big thoughts come from big minds, big minds come from big people, and big people live big lives.
    9 hrs · Like · 1

Clayton: Not necessarily, you just want people to know you're smart, lol.
    9 hrs · Edited · Like

Alex : I could just as easily say that you use small words because you want people to know that you're an idiot. I'm not saying that you are, but to presumptuously conclude one's intentions based on the words they use is nothing more than an opinion drawn from ignorance.
    8 hrs · Like · 1

Clayton: So why do you use diction like that? Honestly it doesn't sound normal imo. From my experience people who abuse "higher vocabulary" like you do are trying to make themselves seem smart/intelligent to others while introspectively doubting or being un-sure of themselves. Plus it makes you look arrogant. I've been there in the past trying to seem smart other people "hey I'm so smart I can use multi syllable words where you would use one syllable ones!" but once you get confident in your own abilities the need to prove yourself to others subsides. Kind of the like the boxer who can fight really well, but subsequently not picking any fights. In all honesty it really doesn't "bother" me per say I'm just curious as to why you carry yourself like that because in my perspective without knowing you it looks foolish in a "laugh out loud wtf" kind of way.
    6 hrs · Edited · Like

Clayton: " Maybe we shall join forces somewhere in the near future to cipher some sort of idealistic way of life." ....... like... why lol? I could answer my own question a couple of times but I want to know your answer. You would be a good person to debate/have in a debate though.
    6 hrs · Edited · Like

Alex:  Well, Clayton, as a writer, I find immense gratification in the eloquent utilization of linguistics/semantics. I don't understand why one would think that putting a larger vocabulary to use is coalescent with abusing it. I also don't understand how it makes me look arrogant, especially when I'm not anointing myself in the process. You're the one that strikes me as arrogant, mostly because of your presumptuous inclination. You also seem unreasonably judgmental, blindly accusatory, pretentious and subtly insolent. I don't think words make one smart at all, but more so the ideas and the thought process which they represent. Anyway.. I can assure you that my diction isn't derived from a superiority complex, insecurity, or any kind of need to prove myself. But, if you'd like, you can support your assumptions with more assumptions and convince yourself that it's fact.
    2 hrs · Like

Clayton: Seems like you just like adjectives too much. But yeah that was basically the answer I was expecting "because it's fun." Tbh I think reading your books would be a pain, too many adjectives that make you look smart for no reason. Also me being presumptuous wouldn't be arrogance.
    58 mins · Edited · Like

Alex: Every adjective I used served an important purpose. My answer wasn't "because it's fun" and by saying that you do nothing but show me that you lack the capacity to understand what I'm saying. I very much doubt you have any sort of profound sense for literature anyway, so your opinion means nothing to me. By the way, one of the definitions of presumption is "behavior perceived as arrogant."
    28 mins · Like

Clayton: It boils down to because it's fun, but you won't admit it because you're a hot head. Trying to tell me I lack the capacity to understand what you're saying, lmao dude. You, are the arrogant one by textbook definiton of the word and you yourself a<span>bove others (don't have a fancy word for that) so apparently you use this crazy diction to stroke your own... The topic really isn't important to me so I'm not going to actually debate it or spend any time on it, but...</span>
    8 mins · Edited · Like

Clayton: Just because you said I lack the capacity to understand what you're saying I'll break it down into non retard status for you.
    20 mins · Like

Clayton Jack: 1.)Well, Clayton, as a writer, I find immense gratification in the eloquent utilization of linguistics/semantics. 

"I like writing"

2.) I don't understand why one would think that putting a larger vocabulary to use is coalescent with abusing it.

"I'm not being a cunt"

3.) I also don't understand how it makes me look arrogant, especially when I'm not anointing myself in the process.

"I swear I'm not trying to look like a cunt"

4.)You're the one that strikes me as arrogant, mostly because of your presumptuous inclination. 

"This bastard knows I'm a cunt." 

5.)You also seem unreasonably judgmental, blindly accusatory, pretentious and subtly insolent. 
    "
    I've never had anyone call me out before "

6.) I don't think words make one smart at all, but more so the ideas and the thought process which they represent.

"I use my words to show people how 'smart' I am, look at me I'm such a cunt."

7.) Anyway.. I can assure you that my diction isn't derived from a superiority complex, insecurity, or any kind of need to prove myself. 

"I swear to god I'm not being a cunt" 

8.) But, if you'd like, you can support your assumptions with more assumptions and convince yourself that it's fact.
     "Maybe he'll stop replying like I thought he would."

2. i read probably half of that, you both came off as dicks imo. its pretty funny when he says hes a writer tho, and hes still stumbling over these really basic words. he was clearly using big words he barely knows to sound smarter, and was failing doing so, but the way you called him out wasnt right either.

3. Tldr; you flopped

4. #4 4shotmark, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    He's a classic archetype of Facebook friend: the fucking big words guy. Probably has his profile all polished and what not as well. Goes to University. Center-leaning on every issue. We all know this guy or knew at one point.

I would've gone about it differently: "Chill out with the thesaurus, and don't call yourself a writer until you get paid to do so."

You didn't body him. You both kind of came off like fools, to be honest, but that's pretty much the expected outcome of a FB fight.

The numeric posts were pretty funny. He pisses me off.

5. This is what I think about most arguments on the internet. :cool:

[​IMG]

6. I've changed my beliefs a few times from responses on Gc. Being corrected is a great way to learn.

7. Dumbest fucking thing in the world to argue over.

8. Every facebook argument ever is a flop. Especially ones about petty shit like choice in vocabulary... If he bugs you that much, JUST HIDE THE MOTHERFUCKER'S POSTS FOR PETE'S SAKE.

Hence the word "Most." :cool:

If i actually had anything better to do at the time than piss off on facebook I would have felt foolish lol. @ the bold yeah that's what I was going for lol.

11. You didn't "Get in an argument" you just started an unnecessary one that had nothing to do with you.

12. Big words = Better description, Better expression, Better meaning.

If you can't understand Engrish, live with the fucking Eskimos.
    Just cause they're big, doesn't mean he's being superior.

An argument of pure bigotry.

Deal with it.

13. You came off as the jackass more than he did, well done

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #15 Rainy Daze, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    This is why Facebook sucks lol people take that shit way to serious are you looking for validation or something? It's just so beyond stupid to call somebody out over BS like this.

It's obvious he's going out of his way for some personal reason, whatever be it. In all honesty I was just trying to shoot the shit with him but he took it seriously so I ended up getting kind of insulting and calling him a flamboyant douche.

16. I've never heard 'body bag' used in this context before.

People say "body" but I was kind of reprehensive about saying "Did I body this dude" in the title idk.

18. That's interesting. I've never heard it, must be out of the loop  :eek:

19. Sounds like a douche