Did Comey admit that Trump did not ask him to stop the Flynn investigation?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daedalux, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Does the testimony quoted show that Trump never asked Comey to stop the Flynn investigation?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2017.
  1. Yes, it does.

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No, it does not.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Jack Posobiec of rebelmedia tweeted his latest theory the other day. He found evidence in Comey's testimony that Comey admitted that Trump did not ask him to stop the Flynn investigation.

Do you agree with him?

The highlighted (by Posobiec) text and Posobiec's tweet are quoted below.

upload_2017-6-11_7-19-53.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Political affiliation will determine how people read those comments.

I personally think it's obvious (assuming comey is telling the truth) that trump wanted him to at the least take it easy on Flynn, and at the worst stop the investigation if he wants to keep his job.

But I donno if it's enough for any obstruction charges.

• Like Like x 3
  3. But Sirs, we have dug all the dirt we could and still can not come up with enough mud to sling.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for voting Stiggy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. That should show how hopelessly messed up the right has gotten. Words don't matter anymore. Comey clearly said that he believed that Trump was pressuring him to end the investigation but all you need is somebody to take some testimony out of context and sat "stuff" and you have fooled the 38%.

Sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. #6 STIGGY, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Ya saw that, I did it just for you
    You are most welcome.

Morning
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This. The right has been one weird fucked up affiliation since before Trump got elected, and remains very blind or hypocritical to his actions. The same people asking citizens not to "pick on" Trump because it makes it hard for him to do his job (lol) are the same people who are fine with Trump making fun of a developmentally disabled man. And they're the same people who hold comedians like Kathy Griffin, Stephen Colbert, Sarah Silverman, etc to a higher standard than the president of the United States. It's so ass backwards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Words do matter, that's why it doesn't matter what Comey thought Trump meant, what matters is what Trump actually said. If Trump's meaning was questionable Comey should have clarified on the spot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Number one, that testimony highlighted above was taken from a hearing on May 3rd, which was prior to his dismissal as FBI Director. Secondly, the question was specifically about the FBI's interaction with the Department of Justice. Very specific.

As a number of people smarter than I have noted, the obstruction issue may not be proven by a single interaction between Trump and Comey, but there's an overall pattern that is very clear.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Words don't matter anymore? I come in from fishing and see the left has become more unhinged and absolutely bat shit crazy. I think the words from the MSM and the democratic war machine are spinning in the shitter like a turd that is on its way to the tank.

This Comey piece of shit is possibly on his way to the same tank the democratic party is floating in. Instead of draining the swamp it should be called flushing the shitter. This bubble your party and political leadership is in right now are just about finished, with the people with common sense. imo

Keep up the good work, and don't stop trying to impress middle america. You are doing great. nitro

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. You love that number, huh?

• Like Like x 1
  13. The right has problems. I'll agree with you 100% there, but currently, the left has completely lost their shit.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Well if my English didn't let me down when watching Comey testify trump didn't say he should stop investigating he rather implied it. Like a loan shark who says: I hope you keep your fingers and pay the money back.
    The loan sharks words by themselves ain't a thread but the scissor in his hands speaks another language

• Like Like x 2
  15. And the right hasn't? Same deranged bird. Difference is the right has control right now and are fucking it up royally.

And fanatics of the right, can't let the partisan shit go for a moment to criticize their own side.

16. Nice post. It had words and stuff.

What was that about liberals never being able to engage in a logical argument?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It's so weird how you can't criticize the right without someone saying, "But teh left, liberal, Hillary, Obama!"

Just take the fucking criticism on the chin like an adult instead of always looking to place blame on everything else.

• Like Like x 2
  18. How does Comey's statement that Trump told him it would be good to find out if any of his "satellite" people were involved in wrongdoing fit into the pattern? Should that statement be ignored if it doesn't fit or should the pattern be discarded as nonsense?

19. They have no ideas of their own. Their whole platform is just a reprinted copy of already discredited garbage like "the gold standard" and "taxation is theft", or, my favorite - "America First!". This is just a reaction to the horrible things they had to live through under Obama. Like that time he put his feet up on the desk. And that time he let gays marry. And that time he golfed. It was unbearable for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Quote it.