Did Ashley Babbit deserve death?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lawlerskates, Nov 26, 2022.

1. #1 Lawlerskates, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Hello everyone. This topic has been brushed under the table by mainstream media. For anyone that is unaware of who Ashley Babbit was. She was an unarmed civilian in the capitol on Jan 6th. 2021, she attempted to hop over a broken window next to a house chamber before being shot and killed. I believe she was unjustly killed (murdered) by Lt. Michael Byrd. She was the only person to be killed by another person during Jan 6th.

From Byrd's perspective. Byrd said: "Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were. There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out. If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress." He stated that he had pulled the trigger as a "last resort" after the mob of protesters ignored his repeated orders to get back, and that he had no idea at that moment that Babbitt was unarmed and was a woman. Byrd commented: "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job"

Apparently Byrd has never heard of non-lethal apprehension? Surely he could've stopped the crowd in another manner than killing a women. What if the crowd didn't stop? Would 100+ people have been killed that day? Why not shoot her in the leg? Wouldn't that have been a safer method of apprehension? Byrd believes his own life and the politicians in the chamber matter more than any one else? Simply because they have different beliefs?

From Byrd "If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress."
    Simply being among the members of congress means people should killed? Don't forget only person that was killed that day was Ashley Babbit.

From Byrd "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job"
    He doesn't know this for certain, especially considering he was the only person to kill anyone that day. They were in jeopardy of what? Being surround by people with opposing beliefs?

It being riot or a protest is completely irrelevant to this women being killed. What it comes down to is she was lethally apprehended and killed, when non-lethal is the only thing that should've been considered. What do you think? Did Ashley Babbit deserve to die for trespassing?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Well, I can tell you that if someone broke into my house, they would be leaving in a body bag.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. You believe everyone should've been killed that day?

4. I didn't say that did I.

5. I don't think she deserved to die, but I also can't blame the guy for pulling the trigger. There's a lot of people in that crowd that if they got anywhere near members of congress they would have definitely caused harm. They would have likely been beaten to death or near death. Do you really think they would have gotten to congress and then just started debating and talking about their issues?

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Than what are you saying? Does your house have anything to do with this?

7. Who knows what they what've done? Do you know these people personally? Nobody was beaten to death on the way to the chamber. What makes you think it would've been different once they got there? Why can't you blame the guy? Is killing civilians a standard method of crowd control with police?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm not the most intelligent person in the world, but I am smart enough to know that if you storm a federal building, they aren't going to greet you with cake and ice cream. On another note ... don't the people who work at that building have a right to be safe at work?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Babbitt attempted to climb through a shattered window of a barricaded door, say wiki,
    enough for the average person, to avoid, unless she was leaving but she wasn't

10. #10 Lawlerskates, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    I believe they do have a right to safety. On the other hand, I don't believe killing a person (and potentially more people) is the solution to keeping their safety. Police and capitol police should only ever use non-lethal force on unarmed civilians. If there using force, usually standard protocol is to make sure you can see a weapon in the persons hand before considering lethal force. If Ashley Babbit was charging him with a knife, that would've been the situation to use lethal force.

11. If a unarmed person tries to break into a police station do you think police should kill them? Or does that only apply to the capitol?

12. What do you think armed guards are hired to do ?
    I am ex military Cross that line on my watch and I will do what I was ordered to do.
    Call me anything you want, but please don't cross that line. Not a soul on earth I want to hurt.
    But getting stupid in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people will get you dead every time

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Protect who they're hired to protect? That being said was Ashley Babbit threatening (small unarmed women) enough to justify shooting? Even if the rest of the crowd kept going forward, would killing as many people as possible to control the crowd, be the best option?

14. proto call should have been pop gas first, aoc was quick to post a video of her and another dude with bags over there head as if there was a threat of gas on them, nothing special , just a reg bag , cop was a very wealthy scape goat
    but hey see the light trump did it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have you seen the state of the country? I do not need to know them personally to know what some of their intentions were. Not all, but some.

They have snipers and armed guards all around the white house for a reason. If the same thing that happened Jan. 6th happened at the white house, how do you think this would play out. Someone doesn't have to be armed to be a threat. Someone comes into my home unarmed without consent, I would treat them exactly as if they had a knife or a gun. They are still a possible threat.

And I definitely wouldn't be waiting around to find out. It's me or them.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. To pretend you know their intentions is just going with the media bias. Thinking they can read minds and group everyone onto the same insurrectionist plateau, is beyond my understanding. You have the right to protect yourself in your home. Police and even capital police don't have the right to shoot an unarmed person. But for some reason in this case it seems to be fine.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. It takes less than a second to pull a pistol and fire a round.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Imo it was murder. I am basing this off watching all video available and can expound on my view. From what I saw there was no justification

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. It's interesting that David Depape hit Nancy Pelosi's husband in the head several times with a hammer, yet David Depape didn't get shot? I'm not certain he even got tased.

20. They didn't wanna hang mike pence or anything, right?
    https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/01/08/23/37783596-0-image-a-3_1610147842184.jpg

The cops let them in, right? These are just tourists, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1