Did anyone here see "Alpha Dog"?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Dec 10, 2007.

1. They shouldn't have killed the kid.

2. in real life, I don't know why they did. Killing someone is not exactly an easy thing to cover up, and if the guy is a drug dealer, might as well just get arrested for kidnapping, do the time, and come out and continue being a career drug dealer if that is what you are into. But killing a kid is just sick, and that was not a well thought out decision.

3. i guess he wanted to "live gangster". should have stole his car instead of the kid. thats what i did. you wont do life in jail for a car.

4. is it true you can do life for kidnapping?

5. In their case kidnapping was accompanied by aggravated assault. so yes

6. I read somehwere that the kid did not get laid in real life like the movie portrays...

7. I never saw it, but what's funny is that it's supposed to be set in my town, Claremont, and makes it seem all ghetto. In real life, Claremont is a small, relatively affluent town that's been around since the 1800's, is the home of five prestigious colleges, and was recently rated the 5th best place to live in America.

8. wow, really?
    I thought the movie was absolutely horrible

"hey man lets go smoke some fukn weed'
    'hey, fuck you man'

'what should i do? should he live, should i kill him? What am i doing?'

the movie was a bunch of TnA, drugs, and partying, with poor and redundant dialogue

It could have been a great movie, the actual story is interesting but the movie did a horrible job getting any point across

9. it didnt seem like the ghetto at ALL.

more like a bunch of spoiled kids, in a nice town, who had pretty much everything handed to em, and they ruined their lives trying to live their life like an mtv music video.

the movie was eh, not a classic, but certainly not the worst movie ever made.

ben foster was the standout character, by a long shot.

10. I thought it was good. Then I learned the guy that killed the kid has my name!!!! all of it!!!! freaked my shit out.

11. they were dumb as shit for letting all them people know he had the kid and partying and I wouldnt believe all that getting him laid and making it cool that he is a victim of kidnapping.. just good filling for a movie... If thats the way it happens kidnap me anyday.. and that place didnt look ghetto at all... oh snap and that dude shitted in his house. it would have ended right there lol

12. From Wikipedia:
    Nicholas, Hollywood and his gang then traveled to a motel in Santa Barbara, California called the Lemon Tree Inn. While at the Inn the gang held another party in the pool area of the Inn. Nicholas had sex with two of the 17 year-old girls at the party. After the party, members of Jesse's gang allowed Nicholas to believe that he was heading home soon.

not saying it's true, but thats where i read that he did

13. Great movie, I enjoyed it.

14. See, I was told this movie was shitty, though I initially wanted to watch it. Fuck my friends. They can every now and then con me from watching a decent flick.

15. That was a fucked up movie. They murdered that kid for $1200. I don't think that kid would have ratted on them especially since they were responsible for his first threesome @ 15.

16. I don't think it's legal to make movies that show drugs in a good way =/

I didn't really like the movie at all...it would be nice to get laid by 2 hot chicks though that part was hot

17. ^^^I think that is what made the story bizarre. Here were a group of kids from a nice town acting like they're wiseguys. Hahaha, they were trying to live their life like a music vid. Stupid kids.