Did anyone else see this coming?

Discussion in 'General' started by farside12, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Those hijackers did more than blow up a couple of buildings that day (September 11, 2001). The gave the heads of the US the one last thing they've been waiting for:

The perfect excuse to be world-wide bullies for the sake of personal gain under the guise of "chasing down terrorists".

Is anyone else besides myself worried about this at all?

The word "terrorist" is so vague that a brother can (under the catch-all meaning it's now been given) be called a "terrorist" for chasing his sister around the house with a particularly disgusting bug in his clasped hands. And if that is the case, then we can ALL be called "terrorists" when it suits the government (for example if we should hold a protest rally/march for ANY reason, or write up a petition, or post flyers that proclaim a view of the government that could be construed as "unpatriotic").

Think I'm being too "out on a limb"? Look at Vanezuela. The people of Venezuela are now a "free and democratic people". Venezuelans today have more freedom to do and say as they please than they ever had under a new "democratic" government. With this new freedom, the people are protesting the harsh abuses and gross misuse of the government by their current president Chavez. Chavez has recently formally declared the protesters "terrorists". You think this will stop here?

Not a chance!

The US government is one of the most underhanded and corrupt governments on earth. And now they have "Carte-blanche" to do as much bullying as they wish..and God help you should you feel that what they are doing is wrong, immoral, or just plain corrupt...If you feel that way and try to speak your mind, you may be the next one being called a "terrorist".

Think about it.

Farside12

Ps- I have more to say on the subject, but will wait to see what, if any, responses this garners thus far..

2. The U.S. is one of the finest countries ever stolen, hehe

I know what you mean farside, I seen a foreign magazine cover with the subtitle 'There is a mad man with nuclear weapons at his disposal' and below it was a picture of Bush!

And for the terrorists, weren't the majority of them from a country that were 'supposedly' allied with...Saudi Arabia. I'm still pissed off at the Bush administration for not sympathizing with Australia during the attacks in Bali and Indonesia...that was basicly the Aussies 9/11.

Then I read this article from a newspaper in Vancouver, if you're bored enough to read it go ahead:

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES This, from a Canadian newspaper, it's worth sharing. Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television Commentator. What follows is the full text his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record: America: The Good Neighbor. "This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, war mongering Americans. I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times - and safely home again. You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here. When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those." Stand proud, America! Wear it proudly!!

3. ^^indeed...

america is full of shit..and we do have problems..BUT its not ALL bad..

all too often, on any scale, too much attention is paid to the bad, and too little to the good..from raising children, to international goings on.

4. You make a good point, Namron. Yes, their is a lot of good in America yet, and THAT is exactly what I am trying to get people to wake up and see that they may have a chance to yet save those good things for the future generations of America, as well as the world at large.

What I (and many others) consider good about this country are it's many freedoms. Most of which we enjoy without actually realizing that they are enjoying them. We have the usual freedoms often rehashed by the many activist groups in this country (freedom of speech, right to bear arms, right to an assembly, etc.), but we also have the freedom to raise our children in the way we choose, the freedom to make friends with whomever we wish, and most importantly-- when all other freedoms are in danger of being stolen away, we have a Constitutional right to take back the government and put it right where it is going wrong.

This is not the case anymore. When the framers of our Constitution put in place the form of government we hold so dear today, they had (as many of you will recall from your high school government classes) put in place a long series of checks and balances to keep the government from snatching too much power, and thus controlling it's people rather than the other way around (people controlling the government ..which is they way it is supposed to be). These checks and balances worked well when the Constitution was first drafted..and it worked well for many years thereafter. But over time our government has sought (and found) many ways to override these checks and balances. Most importantly is cashing in on the apathy of the people. As Americans we have become complacent. We are content to wake up, go to work, come home watch a little TV and then go to bed. There are little peculiarities that are unique to each one of our lives, but for the most part, the above mentioned awake- work- home- tv- bed schedule is all we really care about. Whatever is going on in your next door neighbor's life ( much less the activities of the government of the United States) is of little concern to us. In other words we have become not only complacent, but we have formed this hybridized form of complacency that mixes equal parts apathy, self-absorbtion, and greed. The gov't. tells us " Don't worry about what we're doing, focus on the fact that your neighbor just bought a Lexus. Wouldn't you like a Lexus too? Then what are you complaining to us about? Go do what you gotta do to get your Lexus!" and we then busily dash about setting ourself to the task of getting the lexus. In the meantime, while your attention is diverted, to gov't goes back to busying itself with the task of erasing your freedoms, a little at a time. I mean hell, they dont' WANT you to know they're doing it or else you might complain about it or Heaven Forbid you should take hold of your Constitutional RIGHTS and make things right again.

There is a term called "gradualism". The government knows this well. They have been practicing it for many many years. You have to by the definition of the term. Gradualism allows the people in power to institute, in very slow degrees, whatever they want, even if by the very definition of their authority, what they are doing is illegal or just plain wrong. It's like this: Imagine you want to build yourself a ray gun, but you don't want your family to know about it because ultimately you plan to use it to take your family hostage (odd example I know, but just follow with me here). You have all the knowledge it takes to build one and to build it, you kinda have to build it out in the open. To do so in a locked room would get your family quite suspicious and that's the last thing you want to do. So what do you do? You first create the base. Your family sees you tinkering and ask "What are you doing?", you say."Not sure yet, just tinkering I guess, but shouldn't you be giving the kids a bath?"
    A little while later you start work on the internal components. One week you put the capacitors in place, the next week you install some of the wiring, and so on. Now this thing is looking slightly more ominous. You family again asks" What are you making?" and you say "I think I'm gonna invent a new kind of toaster, but don't you need to go to the store for some bread?" They are satisfied with that and you proceed. The last piece you must construct is the finished product including the shell, which makes this thing actually appear to be a raygun to even the most casual observer. This last part won't take you very long to do, so you put it off a little bit so your family can get used to seeing these weird electrical parts lying around the house. And just when they think it's a project you've abandoned, you real quick slap together the final stage and then BLAM!...there is now nothing your family can do to stop you. The deed is done.

This is how our government works. Slow and quietly. Telling us "Oh, I think it's a weather balloon...Oh, it's only a weather satellite...Oh, we are just watching your house to protect you." until finally BLAM you and your activities are being monitored day and night by surveillance.

Our freedoms are being erased in small, minute bits, but these will eventually add up to one big "ray gun" that can be kept trained on our heads so that the minute we step out of line.. Zap!

We as Americans no longer run the government (yes, that is a Constitutional right AND what our Founding Fathers had in mind for Democracy from the start), the government runs us and they blind us with our own complacency. And we are happy to oblige (I mean hell, I got a Lexus out of the deal, right?). Namron raises the point of raising children. What are we raising them into? Adults who are happy to blind themselves to the atrocities of the nation in exchange for a few trinkets the Corporations of this nation tell us we can't live without? The thought of raising children to be open minded and to speak up when wrong is being done to them or their fellow human beings in a society of true freedom is my idea of a beautiful way to raise children. However, raising them to be blind and willing to exchange the very fibre of their being for what the Corporations of the world and the totalitarian government of their nation say is a privilege to own is NOT a very blissful thought, but it is what is being done as the norm, rather than the exception today.

!!!!!!WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!

I again have more to say, but will leave it at this until such time as I see some responses to what has been written thus far.

Farside12

5. Hey my friend.. Bin Laden is not even in the news anymore.. Now Bush has to get peoples mind off Bin Laden in order to not look like such a idiot..

Bush has to be pushing some body around all the time. I said before he got elected that there would be war if this dick head got into office!!!

6. Why don't you people show some compassionativity for Bush?

7. well..most people would say because the man is a dumbass...but thats not my reasoning..clearly the man is intelligent in some sort of way or he wouldnt be president, succesful business man, and graduate of some college...hes got somethin up there...

but i would say its because he just has no clue about being president...sure he has knowledge of big business and some form of politics, but he has no knowledge of running a country and keeping the people happy, he...what am i saying..im stoned...sorry..train ran off the tracks..guess that means i gotta go rant..check out general for my self titled debut...namron_420s rant 385

8. im just stoned enough to ask you what in the hell your talking about.

9. im hoping i breathed in too many fumes from the sealant im using on my bong.

10. this site is the websitification of oddness..i will most definately look into it when not stoned though

11. i will deffinately look into it after job hunting tomorrow.

12. All I gotta say is that if we go to war and there's a draft, I'm moving back to Vansterdam. I don't have anything against Arabians...Middle Eastern people haven't done anything to me.

A friend of mine said that war is God's way of keeping things in check. I had to laugh.