Dick Chaney gets new heart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jmick, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hey everybody, read earlier today Dick Cheney got a new heart transplant. My question is, " Was the donor still alive when it was taken?" :D

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0]kalima - indiana jones - YouTube[/ame]

Meet Cheneys surgeon.

3. Wait... Chaney had a heart?

4. random donor... bet he has a stockpile

5. and?

does anyone think he got it fraudulently?

i read on a news page an anonymous person send it to him.

6. I saw the title on the front page and lol'd

Cheney ripped it out himself..you didnt know?

7. a 'missing' person more like..

8. so u think he had a suitable donor killed for a heart transplant?

if so what made you come to this conclusion?

9. i'm just trying to be devils advocate here

10. he's a robot

11. That fucker was on the list for 20 months and he got one...does anyone know how long it takes to get off a heart transplant list?? Like 3 to 4 years!!

He definitely paid his way up and honestly, I bet you can shoot a fuckin dart at that list and find someone more deserving than him...

12. Fuck that worthless piece of shit.

13. I wonder if the heart will reject Cheney? :rolleyes:

But speaking of organ transplants, if Cheney wants that graft to take, maybe he better start toking! :smoke:
    (GVHD = graft-versus-host disease = rejection of the new organ)

Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model. (full – 2011) Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model

"In summary, the data presented here demonstrate that THC may be an effective drug in
    the prevention and treatment of GVHD.
    "

Cannabis can do a LOT more than "just" get you high! :eek:

But what is awful, especially in light of that study, is that cannabis users are kicked off of the waiting lists!

Cedars-Sinai Denying Transplant To Medical Marijuana Patient With Inoperable Liver Cancer (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Cedars-Sinai Denying Transplant To Medical Marijuana Patient With Inoperable Liver Cancer | Cannabis Culture Magazine[/FONT]

Oregon hospitals denying life saving organ transplants to legal medical marijuana patients (news - 2010)
    Russ Belville: Oregon hospitals denying life saving organ transplants to legal medical marijuana patients

[FONT=&quot]Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant (news – 2009)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant - Dare Generation Diary[/FONT]

Even those using the prescription drug Marinol, are not safe!

Marinol Death Sentence: Oregon Man Denied Liver Transplant Because of Prescription -- He's Not the Only One (news – 2003)
    [FONT=&quot]Marinol Death Sentence: Oregon Man Denied Liver Transplant Because of Prescription -- He's Not the Only One[/FONT]

These people are being sentenced to DEATH for using a herbal medicine that is safer than aspirin! :eek:

Isn't it time that you became an activist?

Granny

14. they have not been sentenced to death, they were denied priveleges. big difference.

lots of people are denied transplants, there simply aren't enough good organs to spare.

15. wow very interesting wtf surgeons can do.

16. Heh, I guess the ice in his veins finally thawed and he had to pull one of his cryogenic back up hearts from his man sized safe.

17. It doesn't go in a chronological list. The way it works is the next person in line is the person who matches all of the criteria of the available donor is the person who gets it.

One person can be on the list for years, without ever finding a suitable donor. While the next person can be on the list for just a matter of 2-3 months, but if a suitable donor comes a long, and that person is next, that's who the transplant will go to. I have a family member who received a heart/lung transplant 3 months after being put on the list, while people in her support group had been on the transplant list for years without so much as a phone call. She didn't buy her way to the top, she just happened to fit all of the criteria needed for the available organs.

I'm certainly not a fan of Dick Cheney, and perhaps he did "buy his way to the top". I'm just saying that what you described is not how it works.