Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

diaphragmatic hits - tip for the new guys

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SirLeo, Jun 13, 2010.

1. A problem I notice with a lot of smokers, when hittin the pipe especially, is they don't know how to breathe quite right.
    I know it sounds silly, but you wouldn't believe how many people I see puff and bulk their chest out or raise their shoulders really high, as they inhale.
    This leaves you constricted, allows your lungs little oxygen, and then you blow a beautiful, thc coated cloud in my face.

Diaphragmatic breathing is just a big word for breathing like a baby. If you have one, put the weed down for a sec and go watch it. Whether it's sleeping or awake, watch as it's tummy blows up like a balloon when it breathes in. Babies are magical, you should get it.

I'm sure you can get a much detailed explanation if you just google it, but essentially as you suck in air/on a pipe your upper body should be straight, rested, and still. The only thing you should feel move is your belly. Imagine a small bag located next to your stomach which fills up with the oxygen you inhale and pushes your stomach out (so don't forcefully heave your stomach out as you inhale either).

Taking hits like this allows your body way more thc way faster, and you'll need less weed to get high

2. YES! +rep This has never occurred to me. I'm a runner and I've been taught to breath with my stomach (diaphragm) instead of my chest when running and it has never occurred to me to tell this to a new smoker on how to inhale properly. I've seen so many people just pull smoke into their mouthes and do the stupid chest thing and then just blow out the smoke...*face palm*

Now I will not just be constantly yelling INHALE!!! But rather I can just calmly explain for them to breath with their stomaches. I'm sure I know a few people that still won't get it though, they just don't seem to understand that the smoke has to actually go INTO their lungs.

3. +REP, definitely explained this the other day to my buddy about how he looks like he's trying to explode when he takes a hit...it's all in the abs I told him...he looks goofy as fuck haha.

4. im guilty of doing half stomach half lung rise up, will only do stomach tonight and see how it goes

5. yeahh feels so awesome if you do it right.