Dialed my first indoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ptown cin x, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Well, I'll start by saying this is my first post, about my first indoor grow, so feel free to give me any feedback you deem fitting. I've always been an outdoor grower, so this is a change going from 150ft greenhouses to a 15ft room. I've been trying to keep track the as its progressed so I'll start with my photos :D

this is the room being framed and soon to be insulated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the room has now been insulated, plywoods up, and i've ran ducting insulation throughout the whole room, using 1x2s as sandwich boards, the table angles down toward the left corner of the room and will be covered with a pond liner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next step was an all too expensive trip to the hydro store...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then my favorite part, getting it all installed!
    [​IMG]
    i went a bit overkill on my light cranks, they are rated to 2000lbs each, on sale at harbor freight! next step was wiring my balasts to a panel, and then to my timer, and then back to my main panel in the room ( i have 5 panels for this whole setup :devious: )
    [​IMG]

so that is the quick and dirty to getting my room set-up.
    the specifics are as follows:

MAGNUM XXXL 8" SUNSYSTEM HOODS "THE OCHO" (X4)
    1000W SWITCHABLE CROP MASTER BALLASTS AND LAMPS (X4)
    PHRESH FILTER 12X39" - 1700CFM CARBON FILTER (X1)
    12" VORTEX 1140 CFM INTAKE AND EXHAUST (X2)
    8" VORTEX 740 CFM HOOD EXHAUST (X1)

the room is 8x15, but the table that i built is only about 4x12, fits perfectly under the 4 monster hoods i'm using

now that its all set up, there is a crucial thing missing... plants! unfortunately i haven't finished my veg room so i had to make a journey to get my plants, 2 hours north to pick up 12 3' beauties. i run a cinderella cross many of you many know as "CIN-X"

they arrived in need of a transplant, and some light and warmth, but after much coddling and sorries i finally got them situated
    [​IMG]

they were pretty unhappy for a few days, but after a good flush and one of my specialty compost teas they began to perk up
    [​IMG]

i have my netting up as you can see, which helped quite a bit in supporting the lankier ladies, as well as distributing light a little better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have them under all HPS now (I ran MH on 2 ballasts in order to reduce shock and fan leaf bleach from the increased lumens and change of spectrum) and flipped them into flower last Thursday. lights wont be back on for another couple of hours but I will post a few more pictures of them before i throw more netting on and include a breakdown of my watering system!

Hope anyone who checks this out can appreciate all the time and effort (and money) that goes into getting such a dialed set-up.

Until next time :wave:

2. here are a couple updated photos from tonight

Attached Files: