Diagnosis Needed 12/8/14

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Khmer Shadow, Dec 9, 2014.

1. I'm a beginner in need of a diagnosis for my plant.

• I'm growing it in soil in about a 1 gallon pot inside a grow tent.
    • The strain is Thai Stick and is about 4 months old.
    • I'm using an Apollo Horticulture GL25LED Full Spectrum 75W LED Grow Light situated about 8 inches from the plant.
    • I water it about every other day with tap water.
    • I've recently been feeding it every Monday and Friday with FoxFarm's Big Bloom (Switched from Miracle Grow).
    • The temperature in the tent stays at a steady 73 degrees fahrenheit and 38% humidity.
    • No bugs.

IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG

2. What's the Soil ph??

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. The soil's ph is around 6.5.

4. Might be due to the fact that you have a four month old plant in a one gallon pot?

I'm surprised it looks a good as it does...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok thanks I'll definitely have her transplanted into a bigger pot. Other than the space issue, is there any other potential problems you guys can identify?

6. At this point I wouldn't worry about transplanting.

The leaf discoloration indicates normal senescence.  I would continue watering without using any fertilizer.  The hooked leaves could be an indication of overfertilization or bound roots.  Most likely a combination of the two.  Either way, there's not much that you can do at this point.

How long has it been flowering?

7. I think it's been flowering for about a month and a half. I was away for awhile and during that time my brother allowed it to start flowering because he couldn't figure out how to work the timer for the light.

8. What's the breeders recommended flowering time?

9. if its actually a thai strain (and it looks like it could be), then its more of a 10+ week strain most likely. by the looks of the picture, it still has a ways longer to go. transplanting it might not be a bad idea. I would move it to at 3 gallon container and i would use fox farms ocean forest. Also, the clawing and discoloraction indicate to me a root issue and nutrient burn. whatever you are feeding them is too strong or imbalanced. The roots might be bound as well as overwatered. I say move it too a 3 gallon container and don't water the new soil until it dries out a bit. If theres root rot, you can't do much about that but the plant will still improve with the new soil. be careful with using too much nutrients on your plants. More doesn't mean better. The lower bottom of your plant shows me that its getting plenty of nutrients. If you have a nutrient deficiency or you are under watering, symptoms will almost always start low on the plant. The opposite is true for nutrient burn and overwatering; you will notice problems on the new growth towards the top. good luck

• Like Like x 1