Diablo 3 for PC

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Don't Hate Meditate, Aug 23, 2013.

1. I know the majority of players left this game at this point although blizzard did finally make the necessary changes needed for the game.
    I am wondering if anyone still plays I need some people to play with. I don't play overly often but I only play by myself usually because I don't like the public games.
    Anyways so who plays?
    I usually play my wizard who has 225k dps w/magic weapon. Cold master skillset usually.

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    I play every now and then. got the collectors edition. play D2 more than 3. mainly because I can play it offline while my wife is playing COD

3. Fuck D3.  Bitter?  Ya I'm bitter.

4. and i'm super pissed that the console versions can be played offline. wtf. makes no sense. :angry:

5. D3 was a massive waste of $60.

6. #6 Happysack, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    I wanted D3 when it first came out then the reviews came in.....sounded just awful and not surprising at the same time that bliz would shoot themselfs in the foot and ruin a fantastic franchise. I hope they do some good with it at some point in time even if its on the console fixing D3 is a good thing. Sounds like they are at least trying which is good news for anyone that spent the 60 bucks on it on release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/29/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-loot-system-designed-to-cut-the-legs-out-from-the-auction-house/

I do feel like they should have just ripped the damned auction house out of the game when they realized what a mistake it was to begin with.

7. It really was bad. 

Modern graphics aside, I still find d2 to be a better game in many ways.

8. Dawiz add me

Sent from my galaxy using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I played it for a while, but I think the whole do the same story three times to reach upper difficulty retarded. I mean, how many people do that? In proportion it is probably pretty low.

Nowadays I play torchlight 2. It's realy cheap on steam and worth every penny. The gamrplay is better, graphics are cartoony but looks better and leveling system and skills is realy diablo2-like. In a sense it is a better sequel to diablo2 than D3. My opinion.

10. As someone who only play Torchlight and D3, can someone explain to my why D3 received such bad reviews and many people don't like it?

I enjoyed the game.

ARPGs are about looting awesome items and getting more powerful while slaying big ole bad ass monsters, Diablo 3 took that away and replaced it with buying awesome loot and ruining the game. No offline play, lvling system isn't that awesome, no local coop, you kill shit way too fast and easily its just litterlly button mashing through mobs with no thought required.

I gave it an honest shot really wanting to enjoy it about a month ago and I just couldn't get into it, I had a lot more fun with Path of exile and it didn't cost me a dime.

12. Cunturion#1154 I really only play as my wizard, just started playing here and there last night, my connection is bad though.

13. #14 tokin', Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    I never played 1 or 2 and saw the gameplay for 3 before it came out and thought "I could get into this" so I bought it and really enjoyed it for about a month, then I just stopped. It really wasn't a challenge at all, like someone said it was just button mashing and move onto the next mob. I'm not surprised though, that seems to be what Blizzard is into nowadays, make their games so easy a caveman can do it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. They should have unlocked every difficulty level from level 1 in diablo 3. Having to do the story over and over on normal difficulty when starting a new char is a useless hurdle to the gameplay.

15. I have paragons 100, 62, 30, 28, 22, 20, 8. Most d2 players hated it, I for some reason enjoyed it just as much. At this point in Diablo 2's existence I had probably played about 150 hours, whereas in D3 I've spent about 1000. Granted I had myocarditis/pericarditis this summer and couldn't do very much else.