Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

diabetic type 1(juvanile diabetes)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by konut124, Apr 19, 2011.

1. What are the effects if I smoke? Low glucose? Better controlled blood sugars?? Will it help my humagloben a1c

2. Are you a Jonas Brother?

3. #3 KingDank, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Are you Justin Beiber?

4. Yea, but that's another story for another thread.

5. my friends brother has diabetes... i think its type 2 though... but he smokes from time to time with us, it doesnt have any crazy effects on him.. it wont kill ya.. just have your insulin and some sugar on hand in case haha

6. I have heard that it is safe, and have heard of people with the disease who smoke, but for such a serious disease, you'd be better off asking a medical professional, rather than taking advice from an internet message board.

Doctors aren't police, and though it may be uncomfortable bringing the topic up to them, they're still obligated to give you sound medical advice, and privacy laws will stop them from discussing your questions with anyone but yourself.

7. Well I've smoked before and I've heard it helps my blood sugar aslong as I dnt eat like crazy when I have the munchies..

8. Yeah... Honestly you shouldn't take advise from here. Go to your doctor and ask him how you will react to it.

9. Well I was seeking diabetics experiances and studies on there sugar.. also it would be too akward to ask my docs..

10. Just make sure you're taking your insulin properly. I don't have diabetes but my father does. (he doesn't smoke)

Also make sure not to munch out... Munchies is killer

11. I'm no doctor but I have never seen anything wrong in a diabetic when I've smoked with them.

When in doubt, consult your doctor. It's not as awkward as you think.

12. dude, smoke some and check your blood sugar 10-30 minutes after. everyone's body is different and reacts differently. If it were me, I'd smoke a bowl/bubbler and then periodically check my level.

13. I see no issue, your ac1 is only effected by the amount of glucose in your blood stream so unless you are munching hard after you smoke then you should be fine. You may need to adjust your dosing of your insulin depending on the type you use since you would increase your metabolic need for sugar since thc makes your heart beat faster but probably nothing you will be able to notice since you will be high as well. If your really curious take a finger stick before and after you smoke and see how much your sugar drops.