Dexter

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Adjs311, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Who else loves Dexter and can't wait for this upcoming season?

2. I love this show I was waiting new episodes of this series and this has came back with great exclusive episode. I decided that i'll not miss it.

3. I love to watch TV shows in my spare time. Dexter is in the top of my favorite list of TV shows.. It's really an amazing show..!!! :hello::hello:

4. this is really one of the most succesful show based on crime,drama and mystery and I love this. I followed all the last seasons and definitely gonna follow this upcoming too.

5. a friend of mine suggested/likes this show and suggest i watch. i asked him about the content. when he told me what it was based on, i shrugged it off. i didn't want to diss him, because i knew he really enjoyed watching this show. i can't understand the popularity of a show about a serial killer. i saw the video collection at wal-mart, with this guy that had a blood spattered face. is this what we have become? a society of vultures that circles/watches a circus of violence and murder. a group of people that feeds on violence and evil, like it is something to be admired and worshipped! this country is being pulled ever so slowly, down into a spiraling toilet of violence/sex and depravity. most folks don't even see it or care. the time is at hand, when we will all be called to make account for our lives. be sure that you are ready! i know that most will laugh this off and think me an idiot. i just had to speak my piece....

6. I think people have always been sadists, this will never change. The darkness is all around you, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. I think if anything Dexter is more of an outlet to express what we would do to the shit bags of society. Did you hear about that 2 year old that was raped at a overcrowded dollar tree store just a minute or two away from her family? Im sure you didnt because its an otherwise insignificant event in a world where shit like this happens everyday. Now what if you were face to face with this scum of the earth?

The Dark Passenger represents our need for vengeance. If life were all sunshine and rainbows then maybe Dexter wouldn't be as popular as it is; but unfortunately it isn't.

Sex offender accused of raping toddler in Union City Dollar Tree | abc7news.com

7. #7 Cellfish, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    Talk about judging a book by it's cover... sigh. The show REALLY isn't about killing people. Sure, he does, but it's not very violent at all actually, and it's mostly about the mind of Dexter, and what makes him work. How he handles his urges and so on, and obviously plenty of other plot lines to keep the series moving. Loads of people find that fascinating, and that doesn't make us a society of vultures that watch a circus of violence and murder... you're extremely judgmental. This is why people often say don't speak on what you don't know, because right now you look pretty ignorant, just assuming what the show is like, and then generalizing all the viewers of the show... very close-minded. Just had to speak my piece... ;)

I just finished watching the first four seasons over again, and I think I'll give season 5 another chance. I wasn't a big fan when I watched it as it came out, it was too similar of an idea to season 3. It just didn't have that "it" factor the first four seasons had imo.

Completely psyched and optimistic that they will finish the series with the quality that made it what it is though. We can only hope...

8. One of the best shows ever... Love it

9. Well this is a good show on tv.

10. I never could get into it. It just wasn't well-written, in my opinion. They need to hire new writers, they've got a great concept but it could be sooooo much better.

11. You didn't think it was well written? Your standards must be obnoxiously high....

12. finished season 1, DL'ing season 2 now. Which season is your favorite?

I really liked the first one, the opening to the first episode was great

13. In season 2 episode 5 does the girl that is in the rehab program with dexter know he is a killer?

14. Keep watching, the girl plays into things in a much larger scale