Dexter Season 4 Finale ruins show. *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Purged1234, Dec 15, 2009.

1. #1 Purged1234, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:*SPOILER ALERT: Ending to this season is contained in this post. DO NOT READ, if you have not seen it yet. Leave now. GO!* :mad: :mad::mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

:hello:YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.:hello:

Confirmed: Rita is dead
    Confirmed: Trinity Killed Rita. Left in bathtub. Harrison on floor. "born of blood." yada..yada..

Above was CONFIRMED, no theory speculation...direct confirmation VIA INTERVIEW of John Lithgow right after the finale aired. Yes, she's dead, Yes, Trinity killed her. That is what they are going with. Final word.

But here is where it is RUINED:

As displayed in the show, trinity killing her does not make sense! There was no available time in the timeline where it could have happened.

It is not logical, Trinity didn't know where Dexter lived and wasn't even aware of him having a family. The trail he had led to Debra's house and then he drives off in the Mustang without having time / access to more information to find out Dexter's real home and family. So where did the Rita kill come from?

Notes:
    Trinity did not know where Dexter lived. The house was under Rita's name. He had no idea who rita was, at all, as well as not knowing dexter even had a family til dexter had him on that table to kill him.

Timeline:
    - When trinity looked up dexter morgan on the internet, it led him to Deborah's APT.
    - No indication of snooping/further research at Deb's apt.
    - From that point he leaves in a rage.
    - Dexter waves kids off to disney world.
    - Dexter sees Rita and Harrison off as they go to Florida.
    - Dexter goes to Arthurs House to try and find him.
    - Miami Metro invasion of Arthur's house while dexter is there.
    - Dexter skates by with some excuse as to not be a suspect of any form
    - Deb tells dexter she knows who his mom is, and that brian moser is his brother.
    - Dexter realizes the mustang is gone from athurs house. Must be getting fixed..
    - (during the day!) at the autoshop: Shows arthur driving away in mustang and heading for the hills. Dexter is presumed to have gotten to the car first though, as he took the oil cap and proceeds to tail Arthur until the mustang gives out. Then he slams the car hood on him and pwns him. Then does his usual killing ritual with arthur.
    - Dexter kills arthur...looks at the moon...disposes of body in ocean...Goes home.
    - One unheard voicemail. From rita. Says something about the moon. He calls her back. Notices her phone is in the house. Freaks. Hears harrison crying. Runs into bathroom. Dead rita in bath tub full of blood, killed trinity style. ( and CONFIRMED to be a Trinity Kill, by the guy in charge. in an interview.)

It doesn't freaking add up, blades.

Main Questions:
    When did arthur find out dexter had a family.
    How did he find out where Rita lives, or who she even was.
    The ONLY time span where he COULD have POSSIBLY killed Rita was during the house raid. Which doesn't make sense at all because right before the house raid he saw Rita off, which was right after Trinity finding Deborah's APT. There was NOTHING showing the fact that trinity found out where Dex lived and to kill Rita.

The only Possible Scenarios:
    Right before Trinity got his mustang. He found out where Dex lived and (during the raid) rita had to return home to get her I.D. During this time and only this time could he have killed Rita. But why? how did he even know who rita was. also he has NO CAR at this point so he's just walking around miami, maybe the public bus. There was no indication of any further research into Dexter's identity and home address at all displayed in the show.

So i guess its to be assumed Trinity stopped into a mcdonalds with free wifi and jacked some dudes laptop, or went to the public library, ALL ON FOOT, and found out where Dexter Morgan really lived, except that'd be hard to do since it's alluded earlier in the season(s) that the house was in Rita's name , not Dexters. So yeah... He then found the adress and then again ON FOOT and or public bus, went to the house and killed Rita who just at this VERY EXACT STROKE OF LUCK CHANCE! happened to be stopping in back at home. Oh and he managed to do this All in the time-frame between the house raid and the autoshop of picking his mustang up. which happened directly after the house raid scene

which btw there is nothing to show this went down at all its all just speculation, and wild assumption. but hey the writers didnt give us anything to work with.

They fucked the timeline up bad with no way of really covering it. Yes the ending was good. It was poetic. But they glitched it the hell up! it really ruined an amazing finale for me, and i don't know how theyre going to cover it up in Season 5.

Other than that, it was an awesome fucking finale. I just wish they tied that loose end up better!

--- Dexter is a fuckin awesome show and i'm not trying to hate on it. I was overall very pleased by the finale and i can't wait to see what happens next. I just find it sad that in such a perfect finale that tied up so many ends in the whole show, that they could fuck something so massive as Rita's death up.

Blah.

2. Suspension of Disbelief has little to do with this.

It's not about something 'impossible' happening , it's that something that is possible in the storyline, turned impossible due to poor writing and use of timeline, thus messing the show up.

nice try though

3. I agree with you Purged. it makes no sense,

4. thank you lol