Dexter Fucking Sucked.

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by IllestVillain, Jan 14, 2014.

1. so I'm going to throw myself into a firing squad here, but I've only seen the very first episode. Twice. I really just cant get past the god awful script, it honestly seems like the Twilight of crime/serial killer shows. 

He opens a fucking box of donuts and says, "Empy inside, just like me." 

A retarded monkey could write better lines. 

2. Fuck you bud.
    All i have to say to your bitch ass.

You got buds? Light that shit up man.

4. This show ruined me ever watching TV again. This TV series pissed me off so much I haven't watched t.v. since.

5. Hate is a strong word and I fucking hated the ending.

The only saving grace is that the original producer intended to end it differently.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/chills-former-dexter-producer-clyde-phillips-reveals-how-he-planned-to-end-the-series

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.
    "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed-including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
    "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies.  Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

6. #86 CaliforniaKing, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    The reason this show turned to shit was because the original showrunner left after Season 4. I clearly remember Season 5 being the season where the show started to suck and I wondered why. Then I found out about the showrunner leaving. 

well whats stoppin ya

8. #88 PigBenis696969, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014

LOL

0 Sympathy

Let that be a lesson to you.

P.S. 0/10 if troll

G.G.

9. Ha, good one. <3

10. #90 Uncle_Meat420, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    After the "Trinity killer" story line everything went to shit. Doomsday killers!? LMAO so fucking stupid. Then the brain surgeon!? Fucking retarded. It was lame that Miami was constantly being terrorized by these insane killers with elaborate modus operandi. Even before that the writing had gotten progressively shittier

The first two seasons were the best IMO. The show should have focused on Dexters fucked up psychology more rather than boring ass story lines about Quin and Deb fucking, or Batisa's problems or Quin banging that stripper, or Quin plowing Batista's sister, or (the absolute lamest of them all) having Vince Masuka's daughter show up randomly! Like what the fuck that added no value to any of the story lines, the part where she comes to the crime scene stoned and Masuka yells at her? WTF what does that have to do with anything. The last few seasons were just filler, cashing in on the strength of the first few seasons. 

The ending (specifically fleeing to be a lumber jack) would have been decent had the events leading to it been different. It should have been something like Dexter was under heat from Laguerta and Mathews or whoever so he had to flee.The ending does show that at heart dexter was just a killer who had no human attachment to anything.

Either that or they should have had Dexter killed by a vigilante or something.

Meh I saw that as Quin and Dexter had an "understanding" that they both had secrets and Quin left it alone.

I don't remember Quin every specifically finding out? Just that he had suspicions dexter was hiding something? IDK though I was pretty stoned through the whole series

12. My opinion is this show lacked the balls to kill its main characters off systematically. Bring the tragic story home with everyone dying. For a story about how Dexter's habits hurt those he cares for most, the only people who pay a penalty really are Dev and Laguerta... It's woefully lacking in conclusion for a show about killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #93 Thejourney318, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    I loved the show...then I saw the ending and was like fuck you!

14. showtime had their grimy hands in the mix fucking things up, they wouldnt let them kill dexter probably so they could bring it back in a few years if they need the money. Laguerta dies in the first book which would have been great early on in the show. I guess the books get pretty retarded later on with demon possessions and other horseshit, i read the first two and they were decent enough.

15. #95 Jesse Botwin, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    I may be the only one here, But I loved Dexter. Personally, it's my favorite show to this date. The ending may have sucked, but don't let that kill the whole show. If anyone else cares, at least they are talking about a possible spin-off. That can hopefully "revive" the show's ending and have it end better.

Also, you may think that the ending sucked. It did.. Somewhat. If you think about it, the ending's really deep. He forces himself to work around CHAINSAWS all day to remind himself of what he became, and why he can never return to his family. 

16. I loved the entire thing but the ending is Bull. Fucking. Shit.

17. I loved the show. Especially up until Trinity then it started going downhill, but dont feel like i wasted my time watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I'd watch it again. I think I'll start to rewatch it tomorrow.

19. Yea i do wanna rewatch the series, would probably stop after the trinity killer though

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Trinity laughing on Dexters table while Ritas dead in the tub was definitely the absolute peak of the show.