Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Developed a Cough

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StillBlazing123, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've been smoking for about 3 years now off and on, and for the last 2 months i've been smoking everyday, which was fine. But about 3 weeks ago I bought a bong and have been smoking roughly the same amount, except for over 2 weeks now i've had a really chesty cough that i find i have to cough a lot.

Is this normal? Will it go away? Is it just the bong?

2. [quote name='"StillBlazing123"']Hey guys, I've been smoking for about 3 years now off and on, and for the last 2 months i've been smoking everyday, which was fine. But about 3 weeks ago I bought a bong and have been smoking roughly the same amount, except for over 2 weeks now i've had a really chesty cough that i find i have to cough a lot.

Is this normal? Will it go away? Is it just the bong?[/quote]

I just think you're getting sick man.

3. I'd venture to guess you were smoking out of something dry instead of water-filtered, I have no idea how a bong would make you develop a cough unless you're taking the fattest rips in your life out of it. :confused:

4. I used to only smoke out of a pipe.

I have definitely increased the amount i smoke over the last 2-3 weeks, but still I find myself coughing every 10-15 minutes, no runny nose or other cold symptoms

5. /thread

6. [quote name='"StillBlazing123"']I used to only smoke out of a pipe.

I have definitely increased the amount i smoke over the last 2-3 weeks, but still I find myself coughing every 10-15 minutes, no runny nose or other cold symptoms[/quote]

Yeah you're getting a cough. I've never heard of getting a cough from starting to use a bong

7. Well, yeah smoking destroys your lungs (especially if you do it daily), so that's why you're coughing. And with bongs one tends to inhale the smoke deeper which does more damage. So everything is normal :smoke:

8. [quote name='"Aizura"']Well, yeah smoking destroys your lungs (especially if you do it daily), so that's why you're coughing. And with bongs one tends to inhale the smoke deeper which does more damage. So everything is normal :smoke:[/quote]

False.

9. please stop posting.

ive been smoking a bong since the very start. 5 years now, and i dont have any cough to speak of.

10. Smoking destroys your Lung Capacity, not your lungs in general!

OP, I think you have have a large buildup of tar in your lungs. Maybe you should slow down and see how you feel.

If you don't want to do that, try getting more cardio-exercise. Go take a jog and see how your breathing is after, or maybe go swimming and attempt to work out you lungs.

Happy tokin brotha :smoke:

11. #11 DrLeonardHofstadter, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
    Marijuana Smoking Not Linked to Chronic Breathing Problems

Fuckboy.

0 tolerance for name calling/ disrespect
    ~YODA

12. bronchitis maybe

13. Smokers cough, quit that tobacco shit!

14. You should actually read that article..says they don't know how it affects heavy users and it can lower lung function..and the study only focuses on lung function..truth is smoking can cause chronic cough and lung infections

15. It's normal. especially if you go from not smoking a whole lot, to smoking multiple times a day. your airways aren't used to the abuse.

16. I'm pretty sure it's just a normal cough. Just don't smoke while being sick, I did it once and was feeling good till I woke up. Felt like shit..

17. The person I quoted said it effected lung capacity. And if what you said is true, why dont 95% of the GC users have lung infections and breathing problems? And how come snoop dogg isnt on oxygen and constantly coughing, or any other well known stoners that dont smoke tobacco?

18. Heavy use does. Every true toker will tell you they notice a difference in breathing.

It isn't rocket science, any smoke is full of chemicals and tars. When you take in so much of it, it WILL buildup and breathing won't be as easy as say, a non-smoker.

19. Thanks for the input I'ma lay off smoking for a few days and see if it clears up.

And in reponse to the other people talking, smoking cannabis will affect you're breathing because it's smoke. Also it will make you more likely to get infections because it's heated plant material so it destroys the cilia in your lungs so you're more likely get infection?

20. Why don't you invest a little into your health and purchase a vaporizer? I vaporize weed daily without any problems with coughing. In fact, I use it to cure my asthma.