Detroit next to legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Thomas437, May 6, 2010.

1. If one could only hope. Just for a few laughs take a look at the comments from the people against it.

2. There's shit that's illegal in Detroit?

3. If any place needs legalization that would be Detroit. That poor city. :(

4. Im from the metro area and it honestly looks like a war zone in some areas. It used to be a great city now you have to watch where you go during the night

5. I live in Auburn Hills during work term, and Flint during school term. If detroit passes this (I'd be suprised if it doesn't get voted it) Flint will probably follow within a year seeing how it's just a mini Detroit.

All this is great news though

6. Sure does need it.

7. Michigan is a rather progressive state. I hope it gets passed!

8. In some areas. Where I live its really conservative but its mostly rich old people.

9. Still not enough of a reason to live in Detroit.

10. Detroit is the wrong city for this to happen. this could make the legalization process take a step back :(

11. Its common law not to drop the N bomb unless youre of african decent

12. damn, thats actually prolly a sad, but true statement

13. detroit is a '3rd world' city, it would just make it look even worse

14. No joke... I know Detroit very well... Describing Detroit as a 3rd world city is being way too nice.... There are many places in Iraq and Afghanistan that have seen the front of war that still look WAY NICER than Detroit and have less crime... I believe I read that Detroit also has the highest crime rate for any one city in the WORLD. Police departments there have a higher turnover rate than McDonalds. There are places there off Telegraph Rd. where buildings are half standing... streetlights don't work... Houses are decomposing with greenery growing off the sides and roofs... its un-fucking believable that a place like Detroit exists in this "Industrialized Nation."

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaoSTZ40HtY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaoSTZ40HtY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Attached Files:

15. I was born and raised in your so called 3rd world city. there have always been areas there that if you dont live there you should stay the hell away, but isnt this true of every major city in america? corrupt politicians and people trashing thier own neighborhood is to blame for the blight of detroiters. legalization wont do much at all for the city until we get some respectable people to run it

16. How and why?

17. sounds good to me- allow personal possession/usage on private property by adults. forward this everywhere even in your country.

18. If say crime rate rises and such it would make people think that legalization would mean more crime, and may be the difference between an undecided voter voting yes or no for legalization