1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Determining sex...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Marijuana Growing' started by Little Wing, May 31, 2004.

1. can you determine sex if the first 5 sets of internodes only have 3 leaves?

2. try the search button

3. I had a very specific question... I could spend all day looking to see if it had been asked before. Your post really wasnt helpful.

4. i have asked the same question, and apparantly the only way to know the sex is to provoke flowering, then look for eighter hairs or balls.

good luck with it, i hope u have girls :)

5. Assuming the plant is outside, you shouldn't see sex until late july early august. Sometime after the summer solstice. I had several plants show sex while they only had three bladed leaves this year, but that was because I started them way early.

6. Some people say they can tell in the early stages of growth what the sex of a plant is but i've never been able to. I know indoor growers who force flower and find out early on but i'm not an indoor grower so i'm not up to par on that technique either. I plant outdoors and i have found that not all the males will show at the same time even if they were planted at the same time. I usually start checking at least once or twice a week in early July for male plants and continue until i know i've discarded them all. Good luck.

Grasscity Deals Near You