Determining Plant Sex?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by properauthority, Sep 22, 2008.

1. So I've made up my mind with growing Nothern Lights #5, however from HighGradeSeeds.com the seeds are not said to be feminized. I'm very confident with the bubble-bucket method, however I'm only constructing one as I only want to yield a single plant my first time around.
    So how do you folks at GC suggest I go along determining the sex and guarunteeing I have a female good to go in my bubble bucket? Thanks!

2. For sexing, read http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/101130-sexing.html

As for getting a female, without femanized seeds, you cannot guarantee a female. However, if you take very good care of the plant as it matures from a seedling and keep a very close eye on everything, your chances for getting a female increase greatly.

3. Are there any steps in particular or procedures I must follow closely to increase the chances of getting a female plant?

4. There are a few myths like leaving a green bannana to ripen by the plant. but nothing prooven.