Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Details on the lotion and how to make with flowers

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Tommatt, Jul 16, 2011.

1. My mom suffers from arthritis and doesn't want to get high. She got her medical card and we've been trying edibles, but when the dosage is high enough for the pain, a "high" also starts kicking in.

I've heard the lotion relieves joint pain but doesn't get you high. Is this true?

The lotion, I've looked up recipes and they all say 4 oz of leaf/trim. Anyone have a good recipe using actual nugs?

Any and all tips would be advised. She's been clean and sober for 22 years, and I've finally concinced her it's a medicine And and option. Shes been prescribed so many pills for arthritis and her back. She also gets migraines, it's almost the cycle.

2. First off, you need to get her some hemp seed oil! :hello:

How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis (news – 2009)[FONT=&quot] How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis - Free Online Library[/FONT]

Look for hemp seed oil at the local heath food store. Perfectly legal in all states! It does NOT have THC in it. She could chug the whole bottle and not get high! It makes a nice oil and vinegar salad dressing. No so good for frying.

Fish oil will work, too. :cool: But it has a slight risk of mercury and/or radioactive contamination. Flax oil is OK, but...

Hemp Oil vs Flax Oil. Which One is Right for Me? (article - no date)
    [FONT=&quot]Hemp Oil vs Flax Oil. Which One is Right for Me? | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils[/FONT]

The first mention of MMJ I ever found was in a book on herbs. It seems the little old ladies of Mexico used a tequila/cannabis rub for their arthritic hands. So yes, the rubs will work!

I would make the lotion with about half the called for amount, if you are going to use bud! Just let it get dry and get it as fine as you can. I have a tiny top that fits on my blender and grind my cannabis to dust when I make tinctures.

I am a fellow migraine sufferer. When I was 3, another kid tried to murder me with a hammer. :eek: I was left with bad dreams, scars in my scalp and migraines. About the age of 20, I made an amazing discovery! When I had cannabis :smoke:, I didn't get migraines! :yay:

As long as I use cannabis on a daily basis, I DO NOT HAVE MIGRAINES! I don't know exactly why it works, but it does! Indicas work better than sativas for me. Some strains of sativa leave me open to "shadow migraines", a headache in the same pattern as my migraine, but far less intense and without the auras and vomiting. I can deal with them. :cool:

I've been a legal MMJ patient for several years. I haven't had a single real migraine since I got legal! :yay:

You are about to become a MMJ expert! I want you to click that first link in my sig, and just scroll down until one of the sections catches your eye. Read and print up anything interesting. Then show Mom! :)

Eventually, she is going to want to know where are you getting all this info! :confused_2: Well, I'm not sure that Mom is quite ready for some of the stuff in "Pandora's Box", :eek: and I'm pretty sure you don't want her peeking at your posts!:hide:

I have an alternative, "safe for adult eyes", forum with my List- go over to greenpassion.org - it's a purely medical site run by a lady about your Mom's age!

I'm a "courtesy admin" there, just because of my List- otherwise, I'm just a member. They have a great crew there, who will help Mom adjust to the idea of cannabis as a herbal medicine. Most of the folks there are over 30 and are MMJ patients or caregivers.

You'd be totally bored there (except for the grow section, maybe)- no "drama", no trolls to tease, no "Pandora's Box" threads! :rolleyes:

However, Mom will feel much more at ease at greenpassion! ;)

Granny :wave:

3. Thank you so much for the links and wealth of information. I'll definitely check out greenpassion and send her out that way. It definitely sounds like a site shed be comfortable with. She's been to two dispensaries now Nx the experience between them have been night and day. The first one was just people getting high, they had this awesome hash bar where "bartending" girls did all the work that I loved, but the second one was more like a doctors office.

I'm just glad she's finally opening up to the idea. I see people I know every day suffering from various pains who won't even look at MMJ seriously, yet theill pop their opiate based pain pill without a second thought.