Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Details on seeing a marijuana doctor in Arizona

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jakimoto, May 7, 2011.

1. Prepare to be amazed. ;) go here: https://medicalmarijuana.azdhs.gov/

Click AGREE and then Patient and you will see how simple the form is.

2. Looks like the hardest part is going to be the digital images being the right size, not too difficult! Thanks.

Did they mention the length of time to get the actual card? Interested to see what it has noted.

3. Copperman, 12 plants until next year? Or 12 plants at a time? Pretty sure it reads 12 plants at a time (all stages), but you can cultivate up to a year after your card is approved. Longer if you aren't w/in 25 miles of an established dispensary. I'm thinking that w/all the raids, this will afford more time of home growing since dispensaries won't be functioning regularly. Loopholes, gotta love them. Besides, by next January, they will be restructuring based on how things are flowing. Laws will change, hopefully for our benefit.

4. I got approved in half a day and got my temporary card in 5 days.

5. 12 plants at a time for yourself. 12 per patient (up to 5 patients)

6. Does your temp have any statues, or the like, mentioned?

7. Yeah, that's 12 plants at a time, 12 per registered patient/caregiver (up to 72 if you have your own card & 5 patients). You can have a continual harvest and have 12 per up and running, giving you more than 12 per year allotted. Whatever you don't use, you can sell to the dispensaries.

8. No it doesnt

9. Hi all,

I posted this question to the DHS website, but I'm wondering if someone here who has been through the process might know, also. My records have already been approved (not surprising, as I have three of the required conditions) and I have my certification appointment at an Arizona Medical Marijuana Certification clinic on Tues. I don't foresee any problems there. I am a complete idiot when it comes to technology, but i will be asking the staff at the clinic for help and my sister is pretty computer savvy, so I should be able to get through the electronic application process okay.
    Here's the issue: due to my disability, my wife handles ALL of our financial stuff. I DO have my name on a joint account shared with my wife and mother, but the ONLY debit card we own is only in my wife's name. Will they (DHS) let me use that to pay the application fee? If not, what the heck do I do then?!
    Thanks in advance for any replies!

10. #50 oldheadeadhead, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    the internet stuff is very easy, i thought i would have problems, not the case. as long as you can figure out how to post a pic to your computer you'll be cool.

Your other deal about the debit card, i would go buy a prepaid visa card,they will already have all your other info, so it shouldn't matter how you pay over the internet. good luck :)

11. #51 Sandcat, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Thanks very much for your reply. This is probably going to sound dumb, but I don't know where to go to buy a pre-paid card like that. I should have been born in the 1100's; would've gotten on just fine! Any replies will be met with gratitude.

Edit> Found them at WalMart. Good 'ol "world domination central!" Thank you again, DeadHead for the suggestion. I'm semi-eremitic, so the world and it's advances are WAY ahead of my learning curve!
    Peace and healing to all of you in pain.

12. So how many of you are going to continue to grow after that first year. I'm talking about breaking the rules and just going stealth. I really don't see how they are going to jail/prison seriously ill patients.

If they jail me the cost is going to be pretty high...

Old Dude in Pain

13. I was just wondering if it's possible to get a card if you're not a citizen?

14. Does anybody know of a place to go get a recommendation? I live in a smaller conservative part of AZ and don't really want to ask my personal dr. I do qualify with a debilitating disease, I just don't want the word to get out because of my profession.

15. You can be a resident of AZ without being a citizen, as long as you have proper documentation to be in the country lol

16. Also they would have to catch you. Ive been growing for years breaking the rules, no time to change now. (it will be nice to be legal for a while though)

Also I think it is totally awesome to see hydro stores to start popping up, Ive always had to drive to Las Vegas or order everything off the internet. It will be nice to just drive down the street when I run out of some ph up or something.

17. Just google az mmj med card, ton of places. Hopefully one close to you.

18. I have documentation to be in the country lol. I'm on a student visa, how do I become a resident of AZ??

19. Just go down to DMV & get an AZ ID card.

20. Okay what else will I need? I have a lot of medical history what else do I need?