Detailed pictures, bubble buckets, VERY detailed descriptions

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lesgofast2, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Info:
    • Bubble buckets
    • Medium, Hydroton/Rockwool
    • When checking PH/PPM I turn the pumps off for 1hr and then measure from the top
    • Lucas method 0-5-10
    • 400W HPS 3ft above plant tops
    • Air temps - 70 low 80 high
    • Water temps 70 low 80 high
    • RO water
    • PH 5.7-6.0 almost always @ 5.8
    • PPM (Smallest plant - 700) Biggest - 800
    • Addback every 3-4 days with 0-5-10 mixed in 1g jug of RO water
    • Lights @ 18/6
    • I HAVE NO BUGS, Never had spider mites the entire time with them im 100% positive. I know cause I check them everyday. I also spray them with Neem/Dish soap every night with the fan/lights off
    Picture 1 - Of plant #2 (Biggest plant) lower leafs. Whats with the white spots and slight yellowing on the leaf matter between the veins?

Picture 2 - Of Plant #1 (Smallest plant) Middle canopy leaf. Showing brown blotting/slight yellowing

Picture 3 - Of Plant #1 (Smallest plant) Middle canopy leaf. Showing yellowing on the veins and slight blotting

Picture 4 - Of Plant #2 (Biggest plant) Plant top. White circles starting from top to bottom. Blacking on leaf edges, brown cuts on stem, blacking on tips of new leaf matter.

Picture 5 - Top of plant #2 (Biggest)
    Picture 6 - Top of plant #1 (Smallest)

I hope this is detailed enough for you guys cause I really need help ^.^ thanks guys!

Important Notes: On plant #1 a little less then 2 days ago I decided to raise the PPM from 700 to 1000ish. So I added 1/4 strength (0-1.25-2.5ml). Because 5mL micro 10mL bloom brings it to 680/5.8-5.7, I thought adding 1/4 of that would bring it to ~1000. Then started causing the yellowing, so I dumped it and went back to 680. Keep in mind the brown spotting was still there only not as bad.

Also sometimes after about 1-2wks I see brown sandy deposits starting to form at the bottom of the bucket. I am assuming this is from the Hydroton thus causing brown spotting? Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      170.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      183 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      166 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      95.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      218.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      221 KB
      Views:
  2. problem is you added nutes directly into the root zone. that fried your roots on contact.

3. No bugs... why spray?

4. Hmm i've been doing this for awhile now and havent had any problems..How should I do it then since im using DWC and the roots are submerged in the nutes/water? Thanks!
    Because 1 spider mite egg releases millions of mites. I dont exactly have the time to fight millions. It's much easier to just keep spraying and to never worry. T'is better to be safe then sorry ;)

5. Looks to me like it's overloaded on Nitrogen becase of the cupped leaves and turned down tips, and the chlorosis is signs of a micronute def probaby magnesium which is corrected with some epsom salt.
    You don't need to spray everyday. Once a week should be good for preventive maintenance, twice a week if you're paranoid. Bug spray isn't good for the plants to intake and won't really hurt it but will slow down grown especially when used everyday.