Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Destruction of CB Receptors

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by timdecker, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Has anyone come across an article that talks about chemo/radiation destroying CB receptors? I am curious because I read a post a while ago that talks about cannabis not having as strong of a anti-proliferative and anti-metastatic effect when combined with traditional forms of treatment.

Thoughts?

2. I couldn't find anything on it at PubMed!

CB receptors are constantly being made, but they can't be properly made without Omega 3! The "average American diet" is VERY low in Omega 3!

Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutritionally Deficient Diet
    (news – 2012)
    Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com

A lack of working CB receptors can leave you open to cancer!

Turned-Off Cannabinoid Receptor Turns On Colorectal Tumor Growth (news - 2008)
    Turned-off Cannabinoid Receptor Turns On Colorectal Tumor Growth

Also, chemo and radiation themselves, can cause cancers!

Common Cancer Treatments May Create Dangerous Cancer Stem Cells
    Common Cancer Treatments May Create Dangerous Cancer Stem Cells - Yahoo! News

On the other hand, CBD (cannabidiol, the #2 cannabinoid) can get cancer cells to revert back to NORMAL!

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis
    Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India

Granny

3. Thanks storm.

I've read all those articles/reviews numerous times. I am just trying to confirm (or rationalize) the though that chemo/radiation will inhibit the positive "anti-cancerous" affects the cannabis has to offer.

4. anyone know where I can get cannabis oil to help treat my dads cancer?

5. The dispensary. Or are you talking illegal state?

6. Well medical marijuana just became legal here in CT yesterday. So there's not much available yet. Plus the regulations in CT are pretty strict and needs to come from a pharmacist. I see you're from CT...do you know anything I dont?

7. #7 SIRSOG, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    [quote name='"timdecker"']Thanks storm.

I've read all those articles/reviews numerous times. I am just trying to confirm (or rationalize) the though that chemo/radiation will inhibit the positive "anti-cancerous" affects the cannabis has to offer.[/quote]

they inject you with chemicals to kill the most difficult to kill cell growth known to the planet.... fighting death with more powerful death

There doesn't even need to be an argument, radiation and chemo can and do many times lead to more cancer or organ issues.... my cousin had leukemia, he went through many many rounds of chemo/radiation/marrow transplants. Eventually was classified as "cured" and then died 6 months later from organ failure caused by the very same chemicals that "cured" him

Edit: and for the sake of the "argument" he smoked/vaped/ate a lot of cannabis, and it clearly lost the battle to modern medicine

8. Are you able to grow in CT if you have a recommendation? If so you may be able to make you own medicine in 3-4 months. My first harvest was terrible in terms of medical grade smoking cannabis, but it was just fine for making it into Rick Simpson Oil.