Destiny

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BAMABABIE, Feb 15, 2014.

1. I lvl my warlock to 31 and I don't feel like I got my money's worth out of the original $60. I mean yeah I sank a lot of hours into the game but I wouldn't call it all quality hours. Best part was just playing with friends if it wasn't for my IRL homies playing I wouldn't have even played to lvl 31. I felt PvP extremely lacking when I played.

I can't imagine how ripped off the players who bought HoW and TDB are feeling. A 20GB "free" patch shouldn't be seen as a the developer doing players a huge favor, it's them doing their original job.

2. It's a garbage way to do business and it is very clear that this was all pre-meditated, pre-planned obsolescence. I garauntee you this is exactly what happened:
    Bungie approached Activision, claiming they had an idea that they wanted to sell, which probably was a good idea. Activison then said "Ok, we'll give you all this money, but this is the way you have to sell the product, in order to maximize sales" so they built a completely new game, riddled with all sorts of "Bugs" that they could then sell. As it was selling, their plan was to then fix all these bugs over time, until TTK was announced, at which point the game they actually made in the first place would be implemented.

You have to be a fucking moron to think anything else.. Like this is BUNGIE, the makers of HALO, one of the most successful games in history; How could they release a lack luster product? Because they weren't ever planning on using the skills they learned from making Halo to make the original product, but rather the reputation they gained from making said product. And it fucking worked marvelously; Through pre-order "Bonus content" and tacking on all this other bullshit and items while still not giving us any REAL CONTENT to work through, just a bunch of bullshit like a cool little speeder that does backflips, what a crock of shit.

And this is the worst part, the players ate all of this up. Now, this, what you see before you, is now an acceptable way to do business. That is fucking retarded. Way to set the bar for every other game developer to come in and make a shitload of money, based solely off the success they previously had. Up until TTK, Destiny was just a mastered implementation of what they have been doing with the CoD series for years now and the 20 GB patch, along with 1/4 of the content of the original game for 2/3 of the price is confirmation.

Planned obsolescence is now apart of gaming as well, not just our phones and whatever else they have managed to make a business model out of with this idea in mind.

3. Can you explain how it's any worse than the much smaller DLC packs for the same price I mentioned?
    It's not only limited to the CoD franchise. A lot of games have tiny DLC packs for $20.

4. Do you honestly believe any games come out 100% bug free, all gear 100% optimized for fair and equal play?
    Because they don't, ever. The Destiny that was released last year was the best Destiny that could have been released at the time. Considering the time frame the publisher (Activision) allotted Bungie to produce & release.

You may be unaware, but 90% of these patch changes came solely from community feedback, which weapons were unbalanced etc. Bungie pays very close attention to large communities like /r/DestinyTheGame, NeoGAF, IGN, Gameinformer, taking note of exactly whats going on in their game. Over time the game (like any other) has received patches to fix bugs & optimize gameplay via community feedback.

If anyone is at fault for a broken release game, it's Activision for rushing the production for a closer release date. Blame them.

Destiny as it is now is a 180 degree turnaround from what it was when it released. I've bought all the DLC and I haven't felt ripped off. I enjoyed the content and spent a lot of time on them. (More than any game I've ever played) I got my moneys worth.
    [​IMG]

Like I said earlier, if you can't spend an hour or two checking out the new features and quest chains, then your "not worth $40" statements aren't worth any salt.

TL;DR go here guys: http://forum.grasscity.com/gamers-heartbeat/133590...

5. Just because other companies are doing it does not mean it is ok for the consumer. As i said above, the real problem is planning to have a product be obsolete to make a stupid amount of money off not just one product, but a chain of products.

If you don't have a problem paying $140 for a game that should of cost $59.99, your clearly in the same boat as a lot of different people playing Destiny and that is fine, if you enjoy the game, great, however it is very clear that this type of business practice is going to impact the gaming industry in a negative way and already has, with as you mentioned, the CoD franchise.

I very much so have a problem with paying that amount of money for one game and if i did, i would expect a TON more content then what Destiny has brought forward thus far.

6. Don't get me wrong but this argument is just a fanboy bullshit LOL

First of all , you are starting to compare Destiny to another Activision game. The issue with Destiny is mainly related to Activision. If you followed Marty O'Donnel law case , you can find out further details.

No Destiny is lacking content greatly and the price for DLC is extremely exp[ensive.

Majority of 2.0 is Bug fixes so calculating that in 2.0 is pure wrong.
    Majority of new items ( armours - guns - ships ) are just reskin of existing weapons
    All the enemies are identical
    No other new space then Dreadnaught
    Short stories that you run out in 2 hour
    And a Raid

This package costs 10-15$ max.

7. You guys are missing out big time. New DLC is fucking awesome. Story & cutscenes are 10/10. Haven't even scratched the surface yet.

8. #1788 yurigadaisukida, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Any pvp space battles yet?

-Yuri

9. I agree for the most part. Fuck activision [​IMG]

10. The only 2.0 PvP I've played are Rift & Mayhem.

In Rift there is sort of a neutral bomb in the center of the map. Teams have to capture it, and then run it into the opposing teams goal. I'm not really a fan of this mode, but some really enjoy it.

In Mayhem, your super, grenade, and melee ability recharge super fast, so it's pretty much non-stop supers & grenades. Chaotic as hell, and really fun. The new PvP maps are pretty sweet too.

I recorded about 2 hours of footage from the moment we downloaded TTK to about halfway through the story before my capture card overheated. Going to upload that later so whoever wants to get a sneak peak before they buy, can.

The new gear is way cooler than any of the year 1 stuff. My warlock is rocking all green & blue armor @ level 40, and all of it far surpasses any of the raid gear/weapons. I have no problem dismantling my fatebringer to infuse the new gear.

The subclasses? OMG! I thought stormcaller would be pretty lame but its fucking amazing. You shoot stuff with lightning and it just chains and hits everything. Easily my favorite 'lock subclass over the voidwalker/sunsinger.

11. I'm glad you are enjoying the game. I will not be buying or supporting anymore products that have any affiliation with Activision's fucked marketing tactics.

12. #1792 I'm Not Sober, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I like you @ImNotSober. You seem consistent as fuck in the gaming community but I think it can be downfall in certain situations and I think this is one of them. Are you legit having fun or are you justifying your purchase? I mean ive bought some "good" that was OK but it aint no legit Blue Cheese...

Ill consider buying TTK @ discount but they aint getting retail from me. I mean a oxy addict willl justify his/her(her equals pussy and mouth action... lmao.) no matter what cuz the feeling and time commitment already invested. Admitting you got fucked over is hard thing to admit, takes a cold shower to disguise your tears...

hahahhahah just giving ya shit I like you @imnotsober.

15. my only problem with giving the game a second chance is the cost.

Dropping another how much for all the expansions just to find out I won't be playing it would suck

-Yuri

16. #1796 Madmike420, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    TTK is hella good so worth $40! xanth420 psn on ps4 lvl 40 with 240 light gearing up for the upcoming raid hmu.

17. #1797 THCemployEE, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    I haven't been on here in a grip, nor do I avidly play Destiny.
    But I just snagged the new shit and with the cold coming I'll be around more.
    If any of you fools are tryna get down and form a fireteam add me on PS4: Marr-Coon
    [​IMG]

18. IMO They released a beta one year ago and charged full retail for it. The changes made are huge and not something that typically happens in a "finished" product. With that said I feel the game is now what is should have been one year ago. I think there is enough there to justify full retail price(if starting from the beginning). As someone who quit playing after TDB I find the new changes rather refreshing(although some are annoying). I can't wait to see the new raid as they said its more complex the Vault of Glass and that shit was crazy first time through. If you wait another year you will be able to buy an even better version of Destiny at full retail. I do like the changes but I am not a fan of the marketing and profit strategies.

19. It's been confirmed that you can actually glitch into any DLC of destiny because said DLC was included in the game originally, but then ripped out and sold individually.

20. The areas were unpolished and unfinished. Placeholders for the patches to update.

Don't even try to pretend that Destiny is the first game to have DLC content already on the game lol