destiny of the human race

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hoboleader, Oct 18, 2012.

1. If you look at evolution, one species branches off into another species, one species makes it possible for another species to exist.

The process has been ongoing for billions of years. So it has not stopped. and some how or another in a short time compared to most other species humans evolved out of hominids. the evolution rate of that particular branch of mammal started growing exponentially. And we are at the top atm.

Its been theorized that artificial intelligence could become conscious one day.
    Humans have been around 200-250 thousand years tops. In throughout that entire history thousands of civilizations have risen and collapsed. 1 step forward then 2 steps back.
    :bongin:
    We all know how fast technology is evolving, it started out slow then had a huge spike in just the past 60-70 years. Computers could be the next thing, robotics is getting more advanced, if consciousness is possible in computers then sooner or later someone is gonna build a new form of intelligent life. That recycles everything, it can control its population limit, its emotionless, no ego.

And then once we see thats possible its just gonna get nuts, they will be creating new forms of intelligent life every few years.
    :bongin:
    then it doesnt stop there, the robots then continue evolution and create the next thing. First it was biological life, then artificial computer life, and then a form of life that we probably cant comprehend, but only the computers can comprehend it.

2. I disagree. Everyone thinks robotics is the future, but I think as long as the human mental capacity is being utilized fully our species can only hope to survive. They say we are at the peak of our species and the onlyu thing prolonging our demise is our rationality and capability to artificially prolong life and induce good health. If one day we are able t transfer electrons to and from the brain and it is true that we onyl use 5% of our brain I think there will one day be a method to induce that other 95%. Maybe not all of it but a substantial amount. If that is the case and keep in mind Albert Einstein only used like 7%, then what are the ramifications for our species in the future. Space travel will be nothing. AI will be nothing. We will be genetically almost perfect creatures. That's a high hope though.

3. I wonder how do we determine how long "humans" have been around. 200-250k years. When did we evolve to officially become "humans"? Technically we've evolved in the last 1000 years...ever so slightly but so. How do we measure humanism?

4. Human modernity is operationalized in two ways; anatomical and behavioural modernity.

behavioural modernity, will always be a conservative estimate, due to difficulties in pin-pointing the rise of spoken language. Genetic studies and their associate techniques may yet shed light on the issue.

5. [quote name='"MrTea"']If one day we are able t transfer electrons to and from the brain and it is true that we onyl use 5% of our brain I think there will one day be a method to induce that other 95%. Maybe not all of it but a substantial amount. If that is the case and keep in mind Albert Einstein only used like 7%, then what are the ramifications for our species in the future. Space travel will be nothing. AI will be nothing. We will be genetically almost perfect creatures. That's a high hope though.[/quote]

This is not true. Do some simple research and you to may understand how wrong you are...

6. I understand your theory, it's interesting.

My response:
    -What AI has shown any true sense of unprogrammed and or independent conscious?

-Who' to say thing will be chaotic in the event that AI gains consciousness, generalizes and forms a sub-society or "culture". Isn't it also possible that we could co-exist or learn and adapt along with this new type of consciousness? Or possibly collapse under it's own figurative weight, due to complications?

-In the events presented, is there even any possible form of life?
    "Biological life -> Artificial -> ? ? ?"

If it was anything I'd say Bio -> AI -> Cosmic Expansion -> Species of Adaptation
    Even though that could possibly happen without the Artificial step. Once we can grasp the concept of certain "Laws" and learn to manipulate them. Existing as humans on some other place than earth would definitely alter us.